Newcomer making a sluice!

Brehmdig

Mar 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and a buddy decided to give sluicing a go, and here's our first attempt. It's 2ft by 6in. We have the gold hog mat on order and are awaiting it to arrive, I was wondering what the best way to secure the Matt down in the trough during use. Would it be smart to weld the scoop on or bolt it in? Here are some work in progress pictures...

image-3556873769.jpg

image-2655065421.jpg

image-4072548526.jpg

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif
Outstanding Brehmdig! If it works - we will probably see you selling them and listed as one of the forum's vendors...

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
Before you haul that equipment all over the countryside tryin to prospect with it, you might want to add a 3 foot piece of plastic sewer pipe to your inventory, ($5 dollars at Home Dept). The "Poop-Tube" Sluice is considerably lighter and it does a good enough job to let you if you're in the right spot. The other advantage is, Nobody's ever stolen a Poop-Tube Sluice, (at least not that i know of). Once it's set up, you can walk away from it and collect your dirt from around the bend, or over the next hill, without having to guard your equipment.

OP
OP
Brehmdig

Brehmdig

Mar 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before you haul that equipment all over the countryside tryin to prospect with it, you might want to add a 3 foot piece of plastic sewer pipe to your inventory, ($5 dollars at Home Dept). The "Poop-Tube" Sluice is considerably lighter and it does a good enough job to let you if you're in the right spot. The other advantage is, Nobody's ever stolen a Poop-Tube Sluice, (at least not that i know of). Once it's set up, you can walk away from it and collect your dirt from around the bend, or over the next hill, without having to guard your equipment.

Dang! That actually looks super easy! So use this to test the spot before setting up huh

walldo

Jun 18, 2012
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Mine lab x terra 305
I am ordering the Nugget bucket to prospect with. Easier than panning a bunch of spots. Once I find a good spot I'll set up the sluice.

OP
OP
Brehmdig

Brehmdig

Mar 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am ordering the Nugget bucket to prospect with. Easier than panning a bunch of spots. Once I find a good spot I'll set up the sluice.

Do these work well? Looks like its a great started kit!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I just googled the "Gold Rush Nugget Bucket" First I had heard of it. What will they think of next :tongue3:

GG~

Last edited:

Oldyoungtimer

Feb 20, 2013
I wonder how that thing works. A buddy at work told me about it. Said it would be good for the kids. I said heck if it works good and fast as a sluice i might use it lol.

bswanney

Oct 12, 2012
Omaha, NE
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Nugget Bucket - I saw one of these work this last weekend. This is by no means a review of the product. I do not own one and have never personally operated the bucket. This is just my observations. It produces alot of cons and the cons are very consistant in size, 1/4" and smaller. It requires classifing to 1/2" (as I recall a classifier comes with the kit), and it requires alot of water. You must run the bucket on the bank, so rather than carrying the pail of gold-bearing material you carry buckets of water and gold-bearing material to the bucket. The people whom used the Nugget Bucket had some issues with the funnel that is doing the sorting - plugging up. You have to pace the gold bearing material and be consistant with water. The bucket did produce gold-bearing cons. Because of the amount of water required the river bank quickly became a muddy river bank but that should be expected. The delivery of the Nugget Bucket was very fast and included everything that the guys expected. Overall just a different way to seperate gold from gold bearing material. The manufacture should be congradulated on a great idea but I would be flustrated using this system all day. My guess was they put 10 to 14 gallons of gold bearing material thru the bucket and walked away with 2 gallons of concentrates. Probably not something that I would purchase but to each their own.

OP
OP
Brehmdig

Brehmdig

Mar 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Nugget Bucket - I saw one of these work this last weekend. This is by no means a review of the product. I do not own one and have never personally operated the bucket. This is just my observations. It produces alot of cons and the cons are very consistant in size, 1/4" and smaller. It requires classifing to 1/2" (as I recall a classifier comes with the kit), and it requires alot of water. You must run the bucket on the bank, so rather than carrying the pail of gold-bearing material you carry buckets of water and gold-bearing material to the bucket. The people whom used the Nugget Bucket had some issues with the funnel that is doing the sorting - plugging up. You have to pace the gold bearing material and be consistant with water. The bucket did produce gold-bearing cons. Because of the amount of water required the river bank quickly became a muddy river bank but that should be expected. The delivery of the Nugget Bucket was very fast and included everything that the guys expected. Overall just a different way to seperate gold from gold bearing material. The manufacture should be congradulated on a great idea but I would be flustrated using this system all day. My guess was they put 10 to 14 gallons of gold bearing material thru the bucket and walked away with 2 gallons of concentrates. Probably not something that I would purchase but to each their own.

Awesome! Thanks for your input, I was waiting to hear someone that had seen it in use...

bswanney

Oct 12, 2012
Omaha, NE
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Brehmdig, sorry did not want to take away from your build. It is always cool to have you own design come to life and work. I have been thinking about the Gold-Hog mats. Was going to purchase a 8" x 36" alum sluice and line the inside with the gold-mat. But after using my bazooka I have decided not to spend the money. I HATE classifying and the gold-Hog mats will require it. Good luck post your results and comments.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
A local mining shop is selling and using these and Rick the owner has said they it is a great sampling tool...

The R.C.M. Enterprises crew recently got the Gold Rush Nugget Bucket to use in a motorless area. After extensive shop testing, we feel it is the best and fastest sampling tool for prospecting some hard access claims. It fits the Kayaks and is self contained for quick testing and getting gold. Lightweight and accurate"

Facebook post by R.C.M Enterprises on 2/18/13

OP
OP
Brehmdig

Brehmdig

Mar 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I finished it and took it out today for about an hour. Got two flour specs of gold... The gold hog matting cleared material extremely fast and gave me a lot of blondes and black sands, I think I could've upped the flow rate even more. I couldn't feed it fast enough... Extremely pleased! Now all it seems is I need to find where to take it and ill be good to go. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image-453829956.jpg
    image-453829956.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 183
  • image-4069513372.jpg
    image-4069513372.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 194

Gramps43

Feb 27, 2011
Tillamook, OR
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It would depend on where you are located as to whether anyone on here could give any hints where to go. I'd say get in touch with a prospecting club in your area, attend a meeting and maybe join up. Clubs usually have claims that members can work, I belonged to the NW mineral Prospectors Club ands they have claims in SW WA and in OR, unfortunately they a bit of a trip for this old goat so I'm having to stick closer to home here in NW OR and find my pot of gold or whatever.................Gramps Here's NWMPC's site addy http://www.nwmpc.com/joomla/

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread