Bazooka Sluice technical question

bswanney

Oct 12, 2012
Omaha, NE
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Does anyone have any experience with the Bazooka sluice in between adding gold bearing material. I believe I'm like most others, I get a bucket of material and walk to sluice and add the bucketed material. Being kind of a technical goof, what happens in the bazooka when you are not adding material (between buckets)? I walk away when the bucket is empty and it could run for 30 minutes or more depending on how difficult it is to mine the next potential gold bearing material. I'm sure the sluice cleans out most light material but would that also include loosing some flour gold? What do you think the percentage are? Any guesses? Maybe best to pull the concentrates after each 5 gallon bucket and test it? I still have the same water flow but not material working the exchange. Maybe over thinking this a bit but would like everyones comments. Thanks in advance.

By the way the Bazooka Sluice is awesome.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Casual answer: no idea

Candid answer: stop worrying and keep digging

Respectful answer: put a pan under the output of the bgt while u are gone and find out for yourself what comes out!
...and then report back here so the rest of us don't have to worry ;)

pS: I love my bgt Prospector like a favorite dog LOL!

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have not lost gold yet (When followed by another sluice.) :)

Keep digging and having a good time and good luck.

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With my BGT Mini, I clean out after every bucket since its so small (easy to clean out).
Haven't tried my Miner yet, but I'll leave that sucker in and clean out at the end of the day; that sucker is a monster! LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread