Decent day at Auburn SRA

NorCalPilot

Jan 31, 2013
Placer County, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
IMG_1016.JPG

Worked a gravel bar all day. Fine gold, but a good amount.

OP
OP
N

NorCalPilot

Jan 31, 2013
Placer County, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That was from the gravel bar downstream of Ponderosa Way Bridge. Unknown number if buckets run through the Keene A52, but I was on the river for about 7 hours.

OP
OP
N

NorCalPilot

Jan 31, 2013
Placer County, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A couple photos from beautiful Shirttail Creek this morning. Didn't have much time to prospect, but will be back Saturday. Anybody want to meet?

IMG_1030.jpg IMG_1031.jpg IMG_1026.jpg IMG_1027.jpg IMG_1028.jpg IMG_1029.jpg

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am gonna try, but I might get roped into a birthday party... I ll pm you if I can meet up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

NorCalPilot

Jan 31, 2013
Placer County, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds good--all welcome! I'll tentatively plan to be on the Forest Hill side of the bridge fairly early for parking... 8 or 9? It was bone-chilling cold this morning at 830 even out of the water. As soon as the sun came up it was very nice.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gully downstream from camp road or past the end of drivers flats campground. Trail along the river-go 1/2+ mile till ya see the MONSTER boulder right before the second set a rapids. Work the line between high/low waterline as constant erosion. Cherokee bar go up to rapids upstream or down stream to huge flat of fractured shale. Party on. Cherokee road iffy but drivers flats cool. Purdone crossing,SF Yuba rec area, outta Grass valley has great gold too-go upriver and work hi/low line too. Brunswick road outta Nevada city to Purdone road is the route. John

OP
OP
N

NorCalPilot

Jan 31, 2013
Placer County, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks a million, John! I've been on the South Yuba but not Purdone Crossing, yet. I'll be out at Yankee Jims tomorrow early. Good luck!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Between Purdone and Nelson upstream is where the Yuba Goldfields ancient river of gold crosses the river,pulled many MANY pounds dredging and quite a bit detecting also. Hahaha I know thousands a places,hideyholes and niches after 57 years a gold grubbn' this state and don't mind sharing a few-John

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gonna try to finish my hole at mineral bar tomorrow. Maybe norcal and quick pan dan and I can make plans to try out one if those spots next weekend...you guys game?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread