Goldcube Sluice box (all in one)..helps with amalgamation and less panning.

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
SO I decided to cut down on the amount of refined #100 sieve amalgamate that i have and try to cut down on the amount of panning by building a sluice box with a twist. Gold Cube the beginning of the box... seemed like the next jump in cutting down the amount of fill/muck i was having to pan. Anyhoo here it is .. Works like a charm except keeping the wife from picking out the nuggets while it's running ... lol
IMG_20130407_131937_287.jpg IMG_20130407_131947_786.jpg IMG_20130407_132004_944.jpg IMG_20130407_132020_573.jpg IMG_20130407_132031_949.jpg IMG_20130407_132040_441.jpg

WEll just an Idea I thought i would share! The wife loves it! and I love that she's more than willing to load it up all day long..hehe!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You finding any gold in that long carpet? I think the Goldcube makers would call that unneeded but your experience is still interesting :)

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amalgamate doesn't exist without mercury. Your just runnin' fine concentrate and that gold cube will catch them.If your worried your not getting it all just run what passes through again.Clasiffy to several grades run them seperately and you should have very little panning to do.

OP
OP
Dustedyou

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have classified it .. and run it thru 3 to 4 times.. i have alot of silver and copper sulfates stuck, pyrite, and other stuff IE hematite abound..so i've found the gold cube doesn't catch all of it.. it catches the extremely small gold.. but about 60% still continues on... the mats have trapped a huge amount,, and after panning it out ... yesterday 1 run of 2 (5 gal buckets of muck),, i ended up with 4 oz or unrefined gold ready for Aqua regia.. same tubs run the day before in the Gold cube... only 7 grams of gold.^ but it all depends on size right? yes i will have to start ball milling the rock soon... it seems the gold cube really doesn't like anything bigger than 1/8th.

Definition of AMALGAMATE. : to unite in or as if in an amalgam; especially : to merge into a single body.

Last edited:

soupfreak

Mar 22, 2012
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4 ounces or 4 grams?

OP
OP
Dustedyou

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
4 ounces,, the vein we have at the mine is yielding about an ounce per 8 pounds of ore,, of course getting it out has been fun.. and if we ever get rain.. i will be breaking into the creek at the bottom. lol

OP
OP
Dustedyou

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't use mercury Red.. its just amalgamated with a ton of heavy metal.. IE we have nice nuggies stuck to Molybdenum, platinum crystals, turquoise, silver sulfate, silver oxilate, and Valleriite.. its an ugly mix and the gold cube is my savior with the sluice, just due to not having a ball crusher to take it down to talcum powder.. IT's on my list of must builds tho..
The wife and i are processing in the back yard so mercury and Cyanide are out for us.. I'm having to pan and Aqua Regia it out! Using the term Amalgamate , i'm using it loosely to defer to the mix of minerals its mixed in with.

Apr 7, 2013
Earth
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Eww, I hate those pics of me. Love the machine though. It really does catch what the cube does not. The cube is awesome for fine stuff, like he said, but the bigger pieces wash right on out. Were starting to finally get this **** down. Totally exciting.

Hi everyone by the way. This is Dustedyou's wife. He convinced me to check it out. I probably won't be posting a whole lot, but ill be checking it out for tips and tricks when I have time between the gold, kids and school.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dusted, you hitting the GPAA expo at Albuquerque fairgrounds this Saturday? I'll be there with my brother, niece, and nephew fostering future prospectors.

OP
OP
Dustedyou

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
YES! most definitely this weekend! The whole Famdamily in tow!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread