Im getting bummed

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

captain_mike

Aug 20, 2012
Dogtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ATX, Whites Goldmaster GMX, Whites TDI SL, Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab GP3500, Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did you know I wear flowery dresses? Ha ha ha. That isn't funny in today's day and age. I'm sure there are guys who do nowadays. Scary thought

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You gotta do what you gotta do to get the gold. I have been thinking of disguising myself as a large boulder....

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wear a Ghillie suit. It gets a little heavy under water however

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yowie. You can just stand in the current and catch the flakes and fine with your camo......

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
9.46.430 Pretty much spells it out. I'm sure they consider gold a mineral of importance. Welcome to Eldorado, birthplace of the gold rush, but you can't look for any in our parks and river, because we don't allow it any more. Sorry, but that is pretty Eco-Nazi to me. Just my opinion, and everyone I've told about this now.

Yep, that is what they will get you for, even though Part II, Section 9.46.220, Part E, says, "E. This section does not affect any permitting, licensing, or other regulatory requirements applicable to the proposed reserved activity under any other federal, state, county, or local law or regulation." They also mention commercial activities are covered under Section 9.46.330, which does not seem to relate to panning and sluicing.

Mining laws under the Federal gov't would seem to still hold. Maybe after the recently published court decision, you could argue that you ARE allowed. Could be an expensive and long argument, though. :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread