Hillbilly blood prospecting episode

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah it was pretty funny, I loved the corrugated roof riffles:) and the 1 gallon a min water-flow. also liked how they appraised his sapphire at 8-10k of course we didn't get to see it lol. The big red ruby had me laughing too. The younger guy seems to halfway know what he's doing sometimes, and I have to admire their ability to fend for themselves.

OP
OP
N

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it was pretty funny, I loved the corrugated roof riffles:) and the 1 gallon a min water-flow. also liked how they appraised his sapphire at 8-10k of course we didn't get to see it lol. The big red ruby had me laughing too. The younger guy seems to halfway know what he's doing sometimes, and I have to admire their ability to fend for themselves.

Ditto but I wanted to know if gems always look shiny when you first find them or do they usually have to have the rock cracked open to see the gems inside like quartz, quartz rocks can either be that pretty white rock or brown tan color and when broke open you can see the crystals inside

Old_Festus

Apr 28, 2013
south eastern PA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was wondering exactly the same thing. I just watched that same episode, where Eugene and Spencer found that stone... worth a few grand. I was pretty impressed with their operation.

I'm in eastern PA and wondered if I could pull something like that off myself.

kevin1

Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I watched it the only thought I had besides "What a POS sluice!" was "Why don't they set up where they were digging the gravel?" The flow at the gravel site was more than sufficient.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions