Plans for fluid bed sluice?

Terrible - One

Feb 16, 2013
Corvallis
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There are some cool diy fluid bed sluice design videos on youtube. I think astro did a cool one. There is a huge difference between a riffle sluice and a fluid bed sluice like the bazooka.

WildWill

Feb 8, 2013
Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would use astros build, I love it! Built two of them because im impatient, and folks always look at me when im crazy using them

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya, i saw Astro's, very impressed with it. Thats the direction im going for

Astro's is a good design and since it's made from wood it's easy and inexpensive to construct. :icon_thumright:

GG~

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone tried using miners moss in the bed of a fluid trap?

I have never tried it, but one thing for sure miners moss would make the trap much harder to clean out.
Along with trapping lighter materials and preventing them from being eliminated over the over flow.

GG~

Terrible - One

Feb 16, 2013
Corvallis
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have never tried it, but one thing for sure miners moss would make the trap much harder to clean out.
Along with trapping lighter materials and keeping them from being eliminated over the over flow.

GG~

I made a small 5" open top fluid bed concentrator. Maybe the moss use I'm envisioning would not be as simple in a sluice. Guess I could just put some miners moss In and find out.

Terrible - One

Feb 16, 2013
Corvallis
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How is it a dumb idea to brainstorm ideas pertaining to keeping gold in our boxes? Isn't that why many of us are here?

Malkiha

Greenie
Mar 8, 2012
Maple Valley
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i wouldnt go as far as to say its "dumb" but if you actually understood the concept and how a fluid bed style sluice box works, then putting miners moss in the trap really doesn't make any sense. The flow of water push the lights out and keeping the heavys in. Miners moss wouldnt help this at all. It would actually just hinder the water doing its job. Miners moss is for riffles, clean smooth traps are for fluid beds. I used a riffle for years then switched to a bazooka last year. Will never ever go back

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i wouldnt go as far as to say its "dumb" but if you actually understood the concept and how a fluid bed style sluice box works, then putting miners moss in the trap really doesn't make any sense. The flow of water push the lights out and keeping the heavys in. Miners moss wouldnt help this at all. It would actually just hinder the water doing its job. Miners moss is for riffles, clean smooth traps are for fluid beds. I used a riffle for years then switched to a bazooka last year. Will never ever go back

Exactly.

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually a mesh bed was one ider I was having when looking at a basic fluid bed concentrator. On powdercoat beds, it evenly distributes the air into the bed:

fluidizedBed.gif

Then you are less concerned with particles entering the bed intake and clogging drilled holes in distribution pipes. It also got me thinking about a laminar flow column with spacing to allow finer particle separation. But that's a different story for another time and space.

Some videos to not miss

Then watch his episode 7 "l5qdo5S9YWM"

Links
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/sluicing/218574-built-gold-trap-sluice.html
drop trap sluice
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/sluicing/263238-my-diy-fluid-bed-gold-trap-sluice.html
DIY Low Profile Gold Trap Sluice/Highbanker
Built my own drop trap sluice
Built me a lookalike bazooka trap tried it out at cajon creek

Somewhat of plans:
Equipment for Faster Processing for Gold | Prospecting For Gold

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jcazgoldchaser, thanks for the links.

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can "t figure out way anyone would. Want to make changes to a bazooka sluice. It catches gold thats microscopic. Which is in the black sands mostly. The bazooka will catch them. Just need something to get the gold out of the blacksands.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread