jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Discovery Channel is launching a limited series, Gold Rush – South America, on August 2 at 9 p.m. EST.
Based on the Gold Rush series and following the mining crews from Gold Rush, the summer series journeys to South America in a bid to find new ground.
All three crew leaders – Todd Hoffman, Dakota Fred and Parker Schnabel – take their operations to Peru, Chile, Guyana and the Andes Mountains in their quest to find gold. Their teams battle jungles, deadly roads and turf wars with local miners.
Discovery will also air The Dirt, hosted by Gold Rush executive producer Christo Doyle, on August 2, before the premiere of the summer series.

VIDEO preview

Gold Rush : Discovery Channel

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really enjoy this show for the most part.. But seriously they just get the klondike figured out to where they are successful and now off to south america.. I'm sorry but that todd is about as bright as the night sky.. They just seem to like to make life harder on themselves. I just don't get it.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really enjoy this show for the most part.. But seriously they just get the klondike figured out to where they are successful and now off to south america.. I'm sorry but that todd is about as bright as the night sky.. They just seem to like to make life harder on themselves. I just don't get it.

they probably have More Money then they know what to do with,
So Discovery decided it's good source of income to add a little more

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, more money than brains. Sounds like a good place to get chomped by a snake or something equally nasty.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lol I wonder if the same guy will be on this year who saved todd's butt last year- dave I think it was, Todd is dumb as a bag of hammers

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
The only reason to do this, is to capitalize on the off season in Alaska. Successful shows need to cash in while the iron is hot.

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
They dont need gold they need viewers! The whole show is a farse! Todd found like 1 million in gold. Not bad... But his reclamation costs are probably double that! Ill watch the show cuz its entertaining and parker is a young money boss!!

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeeesh, sure was a lot of whining going on! This road is too mean to drive on! Did you do any research before you went down there at all? lol

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeeesh, sure was a lot of whining going on! This road is too mean to drive on! Did you do any research before you went down there at all? lol

I think the truth was too Boring, So they blamed it on the road,
then the Locals.

morayman

Tenderfoot
Jul 4, 2013
Sebring,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I done a dredging trip to Bolivia a few years ago (damn,I guess it's been 15 years ago!) and some of the roads down there will make you fill your pants.The mountain roads will scare you to death,hundreds of feet straight down the side of a mountain.They don't even bother trying to get the assorted cars,busses,trucks out if they go over,just put a little cross up.There's other roads that I used to call the "Trails of Tears" because thats what you'd be doing after being on those rough SOB's for hours.But yea' those guys don't know what the hell they're doing.morayman............

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave said it best at the mine "we're not tourists here on vacation".

Yeah, that's exactly what they're doing. Remember last season, visited 2 spots and left.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes & in this case the first 2 Spots were just to show there is gold there & add some Drama.

First the Mine owner gives them a small piece of land, in the Highest City in the World :laughing7:
tell Me "What the Frik" & his dad can handle working at those Heights ?
(not that Todd did any work in alaska yet)
& he was right, Traveling a death road daily would have been tempting fate.

second spot They get thrown out for being americans with a Camera crew :tongue3:
all the time they were surrounded I thought yep Turn about is fair play :laughing7:
exactly how we would treat foreigners coming to america to mine.

But in truth they were probably surrounding them as a welcoming committee ,
asking about how to get on camera , Mining tips, etc.
(aka Meet & Greet, Autograph party)

Now off to Chile where they will also find drama,
or they will lease a piece of land that is practically barren
and struggle to make ends meet,
Or give up again & go back to alaska :BangHead:

by the way, How many times did Todd say "Holey Frig" last Night ?
I lost count :tongue3:

Last edited:

sparkydog

Sep 28, 2008
Boulder Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites: Surf, Eagle II SL, GMT.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If they survive the spiders and snakes then they'll probably end up with some kind of parasites in their livers or guts. Maybe in a future show Dave will use tweezers to pull wriggling larva out of Todd's back. All this assumes that they don't die on the road or get hacked to death by locals who deeply resent their presence. Between the mercury and the hydraulicing, the entire show is just highlighting an environmental nightmare. Mining doesn't need this horrible example as the average environmental whacko will equate what they are seeing on this show with what recreational miners are doing here in the U.S. We are fighting hard to maintain our mining rights and this kind of attention just hurts us all!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they survive the spiders and snakes then they'll probably end up with some kind of parasites in their livers or guts. Maybe in a future show Dave will use tweezers to pull wriggling larva out of Todd's back. All this assumes that they don't die on the road or get hacked to death by locals who deeply resent their presence. Between the mercury and the hydraulicing, the entire show is just highlighting an environmental nightmare. Mining doesn't need this horrible example as the average environmental whacko will equate what they are seeing on this show with what recreational miners are doing here in the U.S. We are fighting hard to maintain our mining rights and this kind of attention just hurts us all!

well one thing I can say with Confidence, They are at home now,
watching the shows with their family & friends.
If any had died or been seriously injured We would already know,
like the kid who killed himself on Bering Sea gold, & the old guy who died
of a heart attack, And other one Who got arrested for beating his wife on
Swamp People.

add to that
in Gold shows,GOLD RUSH is #1 , I believe.
So they are being watched very close by reporters.

And the station would be Bragging Someone is Dead or dying so everyone watches

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey jack! a couple of good hungry parasites would slim todd down a bit
wish some native would shave his chin

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just look at all the new fake reality shows on Discovery. Discovery is quickly turning into TruTV.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes, sparkydog - I said that last season. We miners are so focused on techniques, machinery, etc. we don't see the big picture. 99% of viewing audience see's "capitalist enterprisers" screwing up worse than grade school kids - not able to keep equipment running, making stupid decisions, fighting amongst themselves, and destroying the pristine environment. Score another touchdown for the liberals and gang green

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They need to put Todd on the new Discovery show "Naked and Afraid" and access his survival skills. I did see a lot more of the advertising for Garett though on the equipment. Good for them.
I am guessing they just left the back hoe in the woods as they did not go back and ran to the plane ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread