OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can't wait to see this thing sucking gold out of the earth. Great job!

I can't either... I may take the sluice down to the area I work on Dec. 8th and use it without the trommel, most likely the trommel will not be finished. This will be my last shot at mining for a while.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have got to get busy and get the trommel finished. After a number of setbacks I believe my shoulder is getting close to where I can begin to dig and use a shovel. Some updated photos of the finished sluice and nearly finished trommel.

T187.jpg T188.jpg T189.jpg T210.jpg
T209.jpg T202.jpg T204.jpg T205.jpg

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks great and the trommel looks awesome, keep us posted on how it works out for you.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks great and the trommel looks awesome, keep us posted on how it works out for you.
ditto and congrats on getting healed up too. I hear shoveling can be good physical therapy ;) Seriously, be careful as you build back up...

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I ended up changing the legs yet again. Really like these legs as it makes for a solid setup. The only thing I will need to do is the extend the rear legs another 8" so that I can raise the front to reach into my trough and still have a 8 to 10 degree slope on the sluice box for my recirculating system and trommel.

T274.jpg

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the same leg kit on a stand I built for a sluice and with the bent/angled screw for tightening the legs I have a lot harder time getting them started, the ones that come with the keene stand a wing style screw seem to be a whole lot easier to get started so I'm going to see if I might be able to find some the same thread size at the hardware store. I will probably try and find some stainless as I'm pretty sure I won't find any that are zinc coated but they might have zinc coated ones.

ryanonthevedder

Jan 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there just read up on your build and I say NICE job there! You re going to love those hog mats. I have run about 5 yards of material across mine and they work excellent. After some early adjustments I am now running NO LESS than 98% capture rates. I do get a bit in my tailings, but am feeding 40-50 colours in per shovel full so I should see a piece or two. I often get nothing in the tests. Take the time to perfect those mats and you will never look back.

Here is my tuning video

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got the same leg kit on a stand I built for a sluice and with the bent/angled screw for tightening the legs I have a lot harder time getting them started, the ones that come with the keene stand a wing style screw seem to be a whole lot easier to get started so I'm going to see if I might be able to find some the same thread size at the hardware store. I will probably try and find some stainless as I'm pretty sure I won't find any that are zinc coated but they might have zinc coated ones.

I have four that I had bought for a stand I had made but can't find them. They were 1/4" thread and had 2" knobs. Once I locate the knobs I will replace the stock L bent bolt.

T105.jpg

I would change that 90deg water feed coupling for a 45 or even a 22 to reduce back pressure.

Not concern of the back pressure as the pump is feeding a manifold that feeds the spraybar.

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ended up changing the legs yet again. Really like these legs as it makes for a solid setup. The only thing I will need to do is the extend the rear legs another 8" so that I can raise the front to reach into my trough and still have a 8 to 10 degree slope on the sluice box for my recirculating system and trommel.

View attachment 963437
Where can I find those leg brackets?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jobe...or lifestyle store.....bazooka can get them

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
these stands and legs are exactly what I built and sold to club members a few years back (except for the anodizing of metal) I originally sold them for 1/2 of the sale price of the manufactured stands and sold quite a few of them , but I no longer sell them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread