Bazooka gold trap mini

fuseboxxx

May 6, 2013
Tested the mini model of the BGT. I was told you can't have too much flow but apparently I overdid it. Put 1 super small flake in with some dirt I got from the creek and it didn't hold it. Just wanted to try it. It does need a good flow just don't kill it. I do recommend this line of products as it holds even the super small stuff without classifying hats off to Todd! Experience will make you a happy prospector

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you fuseboxxx for posting your test results! Would you happen to have a picture of the water as it went down the sluice? I'm hoping that next year I will have a chance to use my super mini and if it is possible I would like to see what I should not do. But, picture or not thank you for your input...........................63bkpkr

OP
OP
F

fuseboxxx

May 6, 2013
Thank you fuseboxxx for posting your test results! Would you happen to have a picture of the water as it went down the sluice? I'm hoping that next year I will have a chance to use my super mini and if it is possible I would like to see what I should not do. But, picture or not thank you for your input...........................63bkpkr

I have a video of the right flow. I don't know how to upload it though lol

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can so appreciate having it but not knowing just how to put it up. I've a short video that I need to edit and then upload. Now I know who I keep bumping into in the boat!........................63bkpkr

benny

Sep 15, 2012
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BGT has a youtube video showing flow over a Super-Mini

Nobody's ever said anything about it, but I believe that the water across the top should flow over the grizzly for it to work properly.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well yes, of course.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK! Check the video out a bit more. What are the two, I will call them clips, near the input end of the BGT on the left and right side walls? Is that a fixture for legs? Something that keeps it from slipping off the rocks? An explanation please......................63bkpkr

I know he says they are there but with my ears I can not make out what he says they are for.

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OK! Check the video out a bit more. What are the two, I will call them clips,
near the input end of the BGT on the left and right side walls? Is that a fixture for legs? Something that
keeps it from slipping off the rocks? An explanation please......................63bkpkr

I know he says they are there but with my ears I can not make out what he says they are for.

Listened the best I could with my ear, and about all I can make out is that he added
some clips on the sides..purpose, unknown?

They look like copper (easily bendable) and while they could be for stabilizing
the sluice, I don't see any legs extruding from those clips.

Beatshellouttame!

Last edited:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THANK YOU CHRIS!!!!! I love the simple easy modifications That Work!..................63bkpkr

:thumbsup:

OP
OP
F

fuseboxxx

May 6, 2013
THANK YOU CHRIS!!!!! I love the simple easy modifications That Work!..................63bkpkr

:thumbsup:

Another mod I did is put 1/4" square fencing over the grizzly. It keeps out the flat rocks so you catch more fine gold. The downfall is the bigger rocks don't go over it as smoothly so ya have to clear it more often

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like the clip mod looks simple and effective going to have to do the same to my super mini, the clips used in the video are called copper hold rites used for plumbing if anyone is wondering what to ask for at the hardware store

AJMahoney77

Oct 30, 2013
Manchester, NH
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector, Keene 2 Inch Dredge/HighBanker combo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought my Bazooka Prospector yesterday. I can not wait for it to arrive. I'll be in the river on the White Mountians even in the cold.
Thank you all for all the tips...
AJ

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just bought my Bazooka Prospector yesterday. I can not wait for it to arrive. I'll be in the river on the White Mountians even in the cold.
Thank you all for all the tips...
AJ

Cool... your going to love it. Just an FYI the only problem I have ever had was it took like twice as long to ship than they told me. Other than that BGT are awesome.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Delays in shipping were an issue but it seems like lately they've ramped up production because they are shipping pretty quickly now...guess they figured out their product was getting popular!

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Delays in shipping were an issue but it seems like lately they've ramped up production because they are shipping pretty quickly now...guess they figured out their product was getting popular!

That is good to hear. I know a lot of guys earlier in the year were getting frustrated with them.

Got my Angus MacKirk explorer the other day. I should be able to cover all flow conditions now.

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the bazooka AJ you'll be stoked when you get it running! May want to fab a scoop screen this time of year, not that I had a prob with leaves of debris but this way don't have to worry about it, I used 1/4" mesh
image.jpg

benny

Sep 15, 2012
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, what I meant is that there is a baffle in mine at the top of the trap. In order for the baffle to force gravel down into the trap, there must be some water force. If there's air going into the trap, there won't be any force against the water and so gravel is allowed to flow through. The baffle sort of "stirs the pot". Just guessing, though.

Last edited:

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
My wife just ordered the bazooka prospector for my birthday ( Nov. 10th) they said it should get here in time. I also want to thank everyone here for all the input i have received. Im going to modify it with 1/4 " mesh and get some of the copper hold rites. All i can think about is getting out there with my son and trying it out.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats, you're gonna love it! Chances are with the prospector you won't often need the hold downs, that's more needed on the Mini.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread