Gold Well Vortex Sluice

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Barry I was not interested in the GW as I was not going to pay the dancing price as many others in this forum have stated including Reed Lukens so where to find this info. I can't remember.

Here is a video of Reed Lukens using a modified GW. This is the 6" GW. Reed was one of very few that got the 6" GW for $300.00 before the pricing started dancing. Long video but interesting what others will do to get their equipment into their mining area.

It’s been nearly a year from the time this sluice was introduced and very few of the sluices have mentioned in the forums, why? I doubt it’s because the GW will not catch gold because it does, it’s because of the same reason everyone has stated. Once the CNC software program has been written machining each plate takes seconds, the developer even made this comment in these forums.

So the question remains does the DW do a better job of catching gold above all others at the price it’s selling for? I found it very interesting that the Gold Well was backed up by a Keene sluice of which caught the fine gold. I would like to see the reverse of these two sluices with the Gold Well backing up a properly setup Keene sluice. I suspect the outcome to be much like what the GW recovered at a far less price.

Thanks Dizz thats exactly what I was trying to say.

Actually, I didn't buy the Gold Well, it was loaned to me for the video. But after having used one, it works. Personally I think that it is that much better at catching gold of all sizes then the competition but still°°° In order for it to pay for itself, You Need To Use It
My equipment pays for itself or it gets sold. I'm going to go with Gold Well for the beginning of the trommel sluice because after running it flat out like in the video, I'm happy with the results and I will once again quickly have a sluice that pays for itself.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what size will you use Reed?
Also if I were getting one of these babies, I'd go with the upgrade kit for 100 bucks more, looks more than worth it.
Anyone in Colorado running one of these? Can I come watch?
(almost like asking to peek in the window. I know, I know...)
lol <3

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a total different outlook on the GW and my post of 71 and 169 states why. I would love to own the GW and in fact I have PMed Bernie just weeks ago and have not heard back from him, but I bet he is busy.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't know why, but every post I read from an owner of a
Gold Well sluice sounds more like a sales ad than a description
of their experiences.

Bazooka sluice sounds more like a sales ad than a description
of their experiences. :laughing7:

We are lucky to live in a time when there are two well designed sluices available at the same time. Different strokes for different folks and for different uses is a GOOD thing.

Heck when I started out the hot new thing was synthetic miners moss. :laughing7: Relax and enjoy. Decide which is best for your purposes and go get some gold.

Heavy Pans

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would definitely buy a Gold Well sluice....if the price would come down a bit. I bought one of these just to try it, and it was discounted.
Keene A52P yhst-8927086896656_2270_40815268.gif

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You're orrect there Clay...I agree.

Problem is that after so many years in sales/marketing
you tend to pick up on the noticeable nuances in how
people communicate.

We do have a berth of great mining technology available
to us today, and as long as gold has value there's no doubt
that more efficient ways of mining will continue to be developed.

Last edited:

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OV, let me know how the hinge/seal works for you. I havent seen one in the field yet, just in stores...

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

We are lucky to live in a time when there are two well designed sluices available at the same time. Different strokes for different folks and for different uses is a GOOD thing.

Heck when I started out the hot new thing was synthetic miners moss. :laughing7: Relax and enjoy. Decide which is best for your purposes and go get some gold.

Heavy Pans

Not all sluices are the same, and I only know of a Few box companies that produce closed testing results- contant flow, reaction to foreign materials(rocks or clay).. Yet, Most of us are finding Au. :)
More companies, in any industry, that produce results in a lab/closed testing have two thumbs up in my book

Im happy, that we can be happy for eachother, in the fact that we have the opportunity to find something that works; for us
And if not, Fabrication is Always a blast in my book

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ohhh..so. I have missed the new model. :)
Most likely bounds better. Not perfect, but still an amazing tool

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT

Heavy Pans

To tell the truth- I can not remember a post about a test of a new gold mining gizmo that was negative. Everything out there is an incredible gold grabber and will catch 99% of the gold.:laughing7::laughing7:
Testimonials mean nothing which makes it more difficult for a newbie to decide. Everything out there will catch gold(hence the great reviews) but how effectively? Showing photos of 40 to 100 mesh gold means nothing if this represents only 5% of this size gold going over your gold gizmo.

I learned a long time ago that the only way to find out how effective your gold gizmo is to test it yourself using bank run material. I have tested a lot of water gravity devices(some of which a lot of you are currently using)- and saved all of the tailings. I then ran the tailings over a wave table. to see what was lost. WTF was the standard phase after I tested these. Significant losses(increased with higher water flow) due to fine gold size and shape factor(even coarser gold).

So it is a difficult thing to decide how effective a new device is.

George

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1418629685.835857.jpg
Did someone need, a Gold Grabber??

Or, just for a perfect example? :)

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeh, I have seen that one before in town..but not in use yet. :)
Run some awesome dirt through it, make it weep Au
Keene quit selling the plastic fold ups a couple years ago cause they kept breaking on people. I've done some bad reviews on different mining equipment over the years but telling it like it is works for most people. I still have one of the plastic sluices but never had a chance to do a review on it because people started having them break right out of the box sometimes. The tabs were the breaking point.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahah I'm sure us prospectors have been hoo'ing and haa'ing at every type of equipment to come on the market since before our pappy's pappy's pappy
wealth awaits.... <3

That's for sure :) Great Gramp's got the centerfold in the ICMJ for years because they would put the magazines together in the basement of the store each month :)

Lukens Ad.jpg

MikeMike

Nov 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right. That is a lot of flour/"micron" to make that. Gold is Gold ... no matter the size.

I am working towards lode (hard rock) mining. -100 to -800 range. Most all of the gold is below -100. At around 1-3oz/ton avg. High is 6 a ton.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread