Angus Mackirk Monster Sluice Opinions (leave your 5 gallon buckets at home)

kYLEMtnCRUZr

Greenie
Nov 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am interested in high production sluices. I have unlimited bucketloads of material, I don't crevice in my areas. I do beach gold and bar gold.:blob7:

Does anyone find theirs to be too big or overkill? Waterflow is of no concern as it will be a highbanker.8-)

I'm just sick of babying my feed, and worrying if the whole shovel load falls in at once. I want to just dump it shovel by shovel and want the riffles to clear faster and I want it to have a cup holder and...:coffee2:

Any regrets, pros, cons of AM Rocky Mountain, Boss, Eureka, Great Northern Canadian?:icon_scratch:

I am REALLY interested in a Great Northern Canadian due to it breaking down for transport and riffle real estate.:walk:

Thanks guys :hello:

-Kyle :icon_salut:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For really high shovel volume take a look at the Bazooka Goldtrap Miner. Guys have made high banker setups for bgt sluices and you'd be leaving classifying and riffles in the past! Shovelful at a time? NO PROBLEM MON!

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

kYLEMtnCRUZr

Greenie
Nov 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha you and your BGT's! I can tell you are a die hard BGT'r. My friend bought one, medium size, I LOVED the topside of it, I just wish it had a clear window to see WTH is going on in there! I guess it's a solid contender, and I do love the concept. And I can't deny that I want one in my arsenal. I saw a HUGE one in Placerville Hardware (oldest running business west of Mississippi) for like $400! :drool:

That was a nice big hole you dug in the other thread. What kid of waders are you using!? Haha. You aren't afraid to jump right into the action!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What can I say. I have an Angus Mackirk Expedition too. It's a good sluice, better than most but the Bazooka guys are in a whole other league. That $400 version is the Miner I bet. Just what you need if you are swinging multiple shovels... I do wear chest waders and often end up in 3 foot deep water as that is how far down the bedrock is where I'm working :-) Digging is good therapy for me, I love it!

...oh and you don't need to see what's going on in the trap, just what comes out of it ;-)

Last edited:

bazookagoldtrap

Aug 27, 2013
Coloma, California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Haha you and your BGT's! I can tell you are a die hard BGT'r. My friend bought one, medium size, I LOVED the topside of it, I just wish it had a clear window to see WTH is going on in there! I guess it's a solid contender, and I do love the concept. And I can't deny that I want one in my arsenal. I saw a HUGE one in Placerville Hardware (oldest running business west of Mississippi) for like $400! :drool:

That was a nice big hole you dug in the other thread. What kid of waders are you using!? Haha. You aren't afraid to jump right into the action!

Placerville Hardware is a wonderful resource for those in the El Dorado County, CA area.. Albert is a wealth of information. As far as a $400 miner, you can purchase a 48" Miner (the largest we make) from us directly for $315.00. Like Kevin said, it's more about what cleans out of the trap.. Spend your time running material with the confidence that you're getting your gold.

Chris
Bazooka Gold Company

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Kyle, in my opinion the bgt is worth the few extra bucks, I was thinking about am drop riffles for affordability but taking it out of the stream or shutting down the high banker to clean it out every time the riffles fill up with black sand didn't sound fun to me, oh and not a fan of classifying either so went with the bgt and no regrets! Got the supermini and the 36" prospector. Have only used the 36" on my recirc set up it ran very well, ate material as fast as I could feed it and didn't demand any more flow than metal riffle carpet sluice so Im happy about that. In the stream the supermini easily took the place of my a52, I love seeing the gold dance down the slightly textured slick plate as I feed it and when it comes to clean out on the supermini the trap doesn't hold a whole lot of cons so when you get it in the pan you can see the gold before you even start panning it down, love it! Just got my best picker yet this last Saturday, so good in size was able to pick it up off of the supermini slick plate in swift water, but that's a story for another thread, anyway Kyle if you go with the bgt it will perform as you need it to and you'll probably never need another sluice again

OP
OP
K

kYLEMtnCRUZr

Greenie
Nov 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome thanks guys! I used to live in Placerville, right above the Weber Creek Bridge on Green Valley. I regret not working that area under the bridge, but it has been worked enough im sure.

Yeah I met Albert years ago, i havent seen him in my last few visits. The younger guy maybe 30? curly hair? I think thats him, great guy! I think I'll be getting a bazooka now :) The only thing better than tossing dirt in a hopper is tossing dirt onto a sluice at ground level!

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Kyle yep nothing better than feeding a hungry sluice! Here's a pic of how I have mine set up image.jpg yep that's Albert he gets all exited when you go in there talkin gold and he knows his stuff! Awe bummer you didn't give webber a shot been spending the last five Saturdays on webber having some good luck so far but the spot I'm at not many people know about got a chunky picker with quartz this last Saturday ill post a pic on another thread tho, let us know when you got that bgt high banker rollin be interested to see it

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I used to go to Placerville 4-6 times a year for work...too bad it was before I started prospecting and mud flinging. Hope to be going back some day not for work but for play!

Action

Oct 6, 2011
Valley Springs, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't this kind of like throwing one of your dealers under the bus ?

Placerville Hardware is a wonderful resource for those in the El Dorado County, CA area.. Albert is a wealth of information. As far as a $400 miner, you can purchase a 48" Miner (the largest we make) from us directly for $315.00. Like Kevin said, it's more about what cleans out of the trap.. Spend your time running material with the confidence that you're getting your gold.

Chris
Bazooka Gold Company

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want to shovel and your highbanking anyhow. Then the G1 or G2 by usprospector.com will work for what you want. Shovels at a time, classifies and retains the finest gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread