Angus mackirk backpacker question

ARGold

Tenderfoot
Jul 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, i tried contacting Angus the last few days regarding my AM sluice I purchased from Larry as well.
I am waiting a reply

ARGold

Tenderfoot
Jul 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is something wrong with yours aswell?

It never worked to its standard. Looked quite "knockoffish" when i purchased it, but it had the same sticker as yours.
Im not too sure, I just know i walked in wanting a traditional sluice, and he pushed the AM quite hard

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Before I return it, I'm going to try it out in the low water flow creek I've been prospecting

Timberdoodle

Oct 17, 2012
Kingfield, Maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a AM and it's a great sluice and well made. From the pictures it looks like they ran into problems with not enough heating during vacuum forming and it didn't take the right shape it should have. I would definitely return it and I think they will appreciate it and look into their QC practices closer if problems like this are making it out of the factory.

Kruzman

May 23, 2013
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like a bad draw on the vacuum and didnt get caught by quality control. Bad draws happen, the mistake was letting it get into distribution. Sounds like its being replaced though which is what i would expect.

Last edited:

ARGold

Tenderfoot
Jul 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, i tried contacting Angus the last few days regarding my AM sluice I purchased from Larry as well. I am waiting a reply

I have not heard back yet from Angus. Maybe he is swamped after the holiday.

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i have yet to hear back since my email about the issues and waiting for his fedex account number. i emailed him thursday.

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just got an email back stating that he would give me a 100% refund on the sluice and said I could keep it if I wanted and apologized profusely for the quality of the sluice.

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just got an email back stating that he would give me a 100% refund on the sluice and said I could keep it if I wanted and apologized profusely for the quality of the sluice.

Great news! Hopefully this fixes the issues.

Heavy pans DuckWalk! :)

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hope so, I've got some. Wood working tools. I will at least try to make the riffles the same depth all the way across. They all slope to one side and causes uneven packing in the riffles

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hope so, I've got some. Wood working tools. I will at least try to make the riffles the same depth all the way across. They all slope to one side and causes uneven packing in the riffles

Thats what i was noticing in the video. I cant wait to see the improvements

ARGold

Tenderfoot
Jul 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Needless to say, he wasnt too helpful with my issues. Put it all onto me

I will stay with the mini keene I have instead I guess

Im glad for you Duckwalk.

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Needless to say, he wasnt too helpful with my issues. Put it all onto me I will stay with the mini keene I have instead I guess Im glad for you Duckwalk.

The Keene will do you well. And I agree, I am glad you are getting what you paid for Duck!!
Heavy pans

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread