Best therapy for PTSD

Chile_legacy

Sep 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a marine veteran and I see allot of my returning military brothers going to the va hospital and getting a llot of meds for psychiatric treatment but I found out by my self that prospecting for gold is the best treatment u can find. Relaxes u and you get away from the city at the same time u get a reward for your hard work too and when you get back home to your family it's was on cause u feel like a refreshed person. They should start looking into this for therapy I have a lil vet group I started and it's allot of old vietnam vets to new young vets and they all love doing it and say the same thing I do that it helps them with copping with the PTSD so if you have anyone or know anyone maybe you should try to give back for all those that faught for our freedom to be able to prospect and enjoy our country's nature.

bcruzin

Jul 23, 2013
Roanoke VA
Detector(s) used
White's CoinMaster GT & MineLab 505 on loan
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I couldn't agree more.
4 years in the Marine infantry 2001-2005. I was an 0341-Mortars

Nothing clears the mind like swinging a detector or panning some dirt.

OP
OP
Chile_legacy

Chile_legacy

Sep 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks pippinwhitepaws. I think we are lucky to live in a such beautiful country and we seem to forget its healing powers I guess u can say. We are lucky to know how to prospect and I'm sure that if you invite a person who served and suffers from PTSD it will change their lives for ever I'm living proof. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I found the same thing when I got out of the Army in 79. I've never cared for "city life" anyway and being out prospecting has kept many an idiot safe over the years. Regular trips for prospecting, wood cutting, or fishing make for great therapy and has other benefits. First ya don't become dependent on meds and second it saves you the cost of seeing a shrink.

outwardjourney

Aug 17, 2010
I have found any treasure hunting to be a great relief. Getting outdoors is a awesome therapy in itself. Finding something to take home brings joy for quite a while too!

munkirinch

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
13 Bravo (Army) checkin' in.

After deployment Jesus Christ found me and was my remedy at my worst. For me, meds only made things worse.

I hope you can overcome this :icon_thumright:

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I completely agree with you Chile! That and swinging a detector. One other thing helps me with PTSD, too: Getting on my Harley-D and riding with the wind which ever way it's blowing... for days, or weeks at a time. Or even a day trip around the area. Greatest therapy there is.

Viet Nam '66-'67, 1st Cav Div. (Airmobile)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chile_legacy

Chile_legacy

Sep 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arfieboy ya u are right on the money with that too I ride allot too. Before I had my kids I was always gone ridding cross country from L. A. Ca To Orlando Fl or Tx Nm Az just anything to get wind in my face but now I can't do weeks gone so I turn to this and ride when they are in school or I just leave for one or two days. But u are right prospecting and ridding that bad ass american iron horse is the best for me.

Sawyer

Jan 25, 2013
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time alone gives you time to think about where you have been and where you want to go. The best therapy is talking to others who have walked the walk and talked the talk. Learn how to cope from others, better than meds any day. Most shrinks don't have a clue. Good luck to you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread