Bazooka Gold Trap Prospector 48 Inch

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
Was there jacket and jeans factory in the head waters of this creek, I can't imagine how many zippers end up in a creek. I can see a few a year and over the years that equaling a few thousand but to be a frequent find, there must have been a lot of lost pantaloons over the years. Cool find though! The yellow gold is real nice too!

i found one of those zipper links in my cons the day i went down to the platte.

OP
OP
Prospector70

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i found one of those zipper links in my cons the day i went down to the platte.

I have about 50 of them. And old bullets, lots of old bullets. Fishing weights, copper and brass electrical connectors. also a few hooks and needles. watch your fingers!

Someone said when you start hitting bullets and fishing weights, gold is close :)

OP
OP
Prospector70

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's definitely true on the South Platte!

Last time I went I found a big unfired bullet, I tried to stick it in my pocket but fumbled it back in the river, never saw it again d'oh!
I'm going through my really big cons and found a tiny ring that looks like the kind where they tag a bird or someting it says:

Colo s1527 on it. Any clues? I'll try to post a pic of it, its like 1/4 inch (tiny).
ssdevilfish, if I can nail down when I'm going I'll PM you the details. :) Always nice to meet new people.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hey Kevin going to be in town prospecting this weekend and would really appreciate it if you could tell me where about on south platte I can try.
Good South Platte spots:
1. Just south of Evans at Grant Frontier Park. Good rapids to set up your sluice, I dig just out from the "beach" you'll find down an established path on the east side of the creek just downstream from the pedestrian bridge. Often other prospectors there which is always fun. Bedrock (hard clay) is only 1-4 feet down.

2. Frog Hollow park at 8th Ave just west of huge freeway. Lots of interesting features and very shallow bedrock again.

3. Steele St Open space up just north of 78th Ave. from parking, walk to rec path along the river, then down stream to the GIANT gravel bar/beach loaded with gold (well, sorta). Great spot, not as popular but is really should be!

4. Anywhere else in the Denver or Adams County areas where you find big cobbles.

5. Just downstream from drops/waterfalls either artificial or natural.

Please remember the public is watching you and judging all of us by your actions. Share, clean up after yourself, no loud cussing and pick up some extra trash as you go. We've spent a lot of time with the county park rangers building trust and relationship...please add to the good feelings! Good gold to you too!

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done Kevin. Good on ya. We used to have a lot of folks like you up north, glad to see there guys like you still out there.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well done Kevin. Good on ya. We used to have a lot of folks like you up north, glad to see there guys like you still out there.
thanks, that makes my day :-)

Goldhock

Aug 11, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
where ya goin? ill be on the platte probably just south of evans. im getn ready to head out also!

Hey Tweeta, curious if your talking about Evans near Greeley? I wanted to check out Riverside Park, but wasn't sure if it was open to us...thanks for your help!
Bob

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Tweets was referring to Evans Ave in south central Denver. Unlikely you'll find gold in Greeley. Maybe super fine stuff in the river washed down stream from the mountains?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread