Im torn between sluices...rock and a hard place

Which sluice for ease of use, recirculating, and air travel... all things considered

• Keene A51A (Mini Sluice)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keene A51

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

outwardjourney

Aug 17, 2010
I'm torn between sluices...rock and a hard place

So, I have been reading up on a couple of sluices. I tend to travel so I need a sluice that can be used in the streams and creeks, but I also want to be able to use it as a recirculating sluice at home (as a bonus). I know that the Bazooka Super Mini is 24" which can be easily packed up and traveled with, but I can't use it as a sluice at home without serious setup, because in driving situations, I can generally haul dirt home for later.

The Keene A51A is a bit longer at 33", harder to travel with (in a plane), requires classification of material, but can be used at home quite easily. But then if I consider a A51A, why not the A51 that is 36".

The flow of the streams varies greatly, with or without possible larger rocks for damming, some streams may have deeper/slower waters than others.

Anyone recommend one of the other of these three?

Bazooka Super Mini 24"
Keene A51A
Keene A51

Please use the poll, if you answer OTHER, please let me know what the other is and why! Thanks!

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Why don't you take a look at Royal Products? You will not find a better built product then their products. All made of 0.63 aluminum, steel parts are CAD plated, CNC cutout, and designed on CAD software so everything fits like a glove. Not to mention the price is right.

ROYAL

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

outwardjourney

Aug 17, 2010
Why don't you take a look at Royal Products? You will not find a better built product then their products. All made of 0.63 aluminum, steel parts are CAD plated, CNC cutout, and designed on CAD software so everything fits like a glove. Not to mention the price is right.

ROYAL

Price is nice. How are the mats and such? Are they easy to change out and clean up? The sizes are definitely more what I am looking for as far as length for a travel sluice. I am almost tempted!

The 30" sluice/highbanker kit http://www.royalmfgind.com/index.php/products/product/201/sluice-boxes-and-stands
I can't tell if this comes with the stream sluice flare? Does anyone know? The images LOOK like it has one, but it's not mentioned and all the other images show the header kit installed.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Price is nice. How are the mats and such? Are they easy to change out and clean up? The sizes are definitely more what I am looking for as far as length for a travel sluice. I am almost tempted!

The 30" sluice/highbanker kit http://www.royalmfgind.com/index.php/products/product/201/sluice-boxes-and-stands
I can't tell if this comes with the stream sluice flare? Does anyone know? The images LOOK like it has one, but it's not mentioned and all the other images show the header kit installed.

When you look at the images it shows the stream flare. I do know they make their equipment where the header box is removable. I own their large drywasher and pick. Its all quality American made equipment. The removal of the screen and mats is a simple thumb nut. Also if you look at the photos the header box is welded in the corners not just riveted.

Header-resize-800pix(2)_large.jpg flair.jpg topview.jpg

OP
OP
O

outwardjourney

Aug 17, 2010
Yeah in the middle picture, it shows the flare, but it's not mentioned in the description or shown again. I am guessing it's essentially the sluice setup, folding leg setup, and header setup w/pump assembly packaged together. I am definitely interested. Just need to take some measurements and see if this will fit in my hard case for travel purposes! Thanks for pointing this one out.

kevin1

Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Angus McKirk drop riffle in your choice of size. For versatility and portability they're tough to beat. The BGT would be my second choice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread