Im torn between sluices...rock and a hard place
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

View Poll Results: Which sluice for ease of use, recirculating, and air travel... all things considered

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bazooka Gold Trap (Super Mini 24")

4 57.14%
  • Keene A51A (Mini Sluice)

0 0%
  • Keene A51

0 0%
  • Other

3 42.86%
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By AzViper
  • 1 Post By kevin1

Thread: Im torn between sluices...rock and a hard place

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2010
    6 times

I'm torn between sluices...rock and a hard place

So, I have been reading up on a couple of sluices. I tend to travel so I need a sluice that can be used in the streams and creeks, but I also want to be able to use it as a recirculating sluice at home (as a bonus). I know that the Bazooka Super Mini is 24" which can be easily packed up and traveled with, but I can't use it as a sluice at home without serious setup, because in driving situations, I can generally haul dirt home for later.

The Keene A51A is a bit longer at 33", harder to travel with (in a plane), requires classification of material, but can be used at home quite easily. But then if I consider a A51A, why not the A51 that is 36".

The flow of the streams varies greatly, with or without possible larger rocks for damming, some streams may have deeper/slower waters than others.

Anyone recommend one of the other of these three?

Bazooka Super Mini 24"
    Keene A51A
    Keene A51

Please use the poll, if you answer OTHER, please let me know what the other is and why! Thanks!

us
    Minning Tools: 12" Trommel, Royal Drywasher, Viper-Vac, Miller Table, Blue Bowl, Footprints, Google Earth, These Are Just Tools As You Still Have To Be On The Gold

Sep 2012
    Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting in the southwest?
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
    2187 times
    Prospecting
    Why don't you take a look at Royal Products? You will not find a better built product then their products. All made of 0.63 aluminum, steel parts are CAD plated, CNC cutout, and designed on CAD software so everything fits like a glove. Not to mention the price is right.

ROYAL
    Last edited by AzViper; Dec 30, 2013 at 08:16 PM.
    outwardjourney likes this.
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”

us
    Aug 2010
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AzViper View Post
    Why don't you take a look at Royal Products? You will not find a better built product then their products. All made of 0.63 aluminum, steel parts are CAD plated, CNC cutout, and designed on CAD software so everything fits like a glove. Not to mention the price is right.

ROYAL
    Price is nice. How are the mats and such? Are they easy to change out and clean up? The sizes are definitely more what I am looking for as far as length for a travel sluice. I am almost tempted!

The 30" sluice/highbanker kit http://www.royalmfgind.com/index.php...xes-and-stands
    I can't tell if this comes with the stream sluice flare? Does anyone know? The images LOOK like it has one, but it's not mentioned and all the other images show the header kit installed.

us
    Minning Tools: 12" Trommel, Royal Drywasher, Viper-Vac, Miller Table, Blue Bowl, Footprints, Google Earth, These Are Just Tools As You Still Have To Be On The Gold

Sep 2012
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
    2187 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by outwardjourney View Post
    Price is nice. How are the mats and such? Are they easy to change out and clean up? The sizes are definitely more what I am looking for as far as length for a travel sluice. I am almost tempted!

The 30" sluice/highbanker kit http://www.royalmfgind.com/index.php...xes-and-stands
    I can't tell if this comes with the stream sluice flare? Does anyone know? The images LOOK like it has one, but it's not mentioned and all the other images show the header kit installed.
    When you look at the images it shows the stream flare. I do know they make their equipment where the header box is removable. I own their large drywasher and pick. Its all quality American made equipment. The removal of the screen and mats is a simple thumb nut. Also if you look at the photos the header box is welded in the corners not just riveted.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Header-resize-800pix(2)_large.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	922140 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flair.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	922142 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	topview.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	922143
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”

us

Sep 2012
    2187 times
    Prospecting
    You also have a stream sluice, recir. system in the field as well as at home. I just bought another pick minutes ago...

us
    Aug 2010
    6 times
    Yeah in the middle picture, it shows the flare, but it's not mentioned in the description or shown again. I am guessing it's essentially the sluice setup, folding leg setup, and header setup w/pump assembly packaged together. I am definitely interested. Just need to take some measurements and see if this will fit in my hard case for travel purposes! Thanks for pointing this one out.

us
    Aug 2010
    6 times
    Found a video on youtube that shows pictures of the kit. So it does come with the flare!

Oct 2012
    54 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Angus McKirk drop riffle in your choice of size. For versatility and portability they're tough to beat. The BGT would be my second choice.
    outwardjourney likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links