So Im going to buy a bazooka

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I'm going to buy a bazooka

After reading all of the reviews on TN about these things I came to the conclusion that I must get one. I chase a lot of finer gold and classifying kills me, it just takes to much time. Water flow is never an issue but size can be for a few locations I go. I believe that the prospector 36" should fit my needs well. Now the question to all you bazooka users/ fans, regular weight or heavy? I am not to concerned with weight but it seems the heavy would be a little tougher. Is that true? Now for grizzly size regular or large? I can see where if by chance you were on a hole that had the chance to show some 1/4" nuggets the large would be your best options. But if I most likely won't be in area with that kind of gold would the larger grizzly end up taking of to much material filling the box? Any thoughts and suggestions would be great, thanks.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Go HD and big grizzly. You can add mesh to suite your needs.

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
i bought the 36" prospector regular weight with the regular grizzlies and i believe this one is strong enuf for just about anything... i think it would take a pretty good wack before it breaks and as far as nuggets... i havent got any yet but i did get a flake about 3/8'sx3/8's and it didnt slide down the deck it just laid there so i would think a nugget would stop at the grizzlies if it couldnt get through.

preshrunkmilk

Jan 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a regular wieght prospector and I have droped some heavy rocks on it and it hasnt ever been a problem. Last summer there was a piece of granite about the size of a soccer ball I wanted to wash off in the sluice it was found four feet down and cover in red rusty colored clay. So im stading there trying to figure out the best most gental way to place this thing and I just drop it dang shoveling all day and my hands give out. I was for sure I busted the sluice. The bgt was just perfect started splashing water on the rock and gold just started sti king to the sluice.

As for large pieces of gold I wouldnt worry about loosing any they will either stick to the slick plate or right before the grizzly. The only way I see loosing them is when larger rocks half pound and up need cleared off by hand and you dont check first and clear them off with your hand.

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
i was standing in the garage smoking a cig when my mind started working and i thought of a new mod for the BGT... tell me what ya think. i think it will save a lot of wing dam building! maybe i should patents it real quick! lol

Attachments

• image-508666223.jpg
    image-508666223.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 235

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Supercharged Bazooka!

OP
OP
A

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i was standing in the garage smoking a cig when my mind started working and i thought of a new mod for the BGT... tell me what ya think. i think it will save a lot of wing dam building! maybe i should patents it real quick! lol

I like it! Smoking ingenuity, pun intended. Since I don't have one I would think for all the low water areas that would help greatly.

OP
OP
A

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and that just the super mini... imagine a prospector flare or a miner flare. alaska i do some of my best thinking with a stogie hangin outa my mouth. lol

I can only think once I get a little tobacco in mine! And holy flare, I had no idea that was only a super mini. You'd need a old DeLorean hood to fab a flare like that for a miner!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that!!
I will be purchasing the super mini. The small creeks I mess around in do not have the water flow for the "prospector"
I really like Kevin of Colorado's dam......but DAMN!
It would take me all day to build that.
My creeks are about 3 to 4 foot wide.

DynoGuy

Nov 10, 2013
Statesville, NC
Detector(s) used
Sluices: Bazooka 30" Prospector, Bazooka Super Mini and a folding A52 clone. Homemade 12" x 24" Miller table.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So tweeta are you going to use that as a truck bed cap when it's not in the water? :laughing7:

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
ha ha ha funny guy you watch and see im gonna have one built... youll see! PROSPECTORS UNIT!
sorry ive had a few beers since its to cold to to go out.
oh yeah bye bye keene sluice youll be sold friday!

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not a bad idea, maybe the same size as the sluice, clipping to it with a built in shoulder strap.
example:
48 inch prospector V-ing Dam: (velocity increasong)

48" L x 15" W Tapering to 9" W dimensions of the sluice, V-ing Dam dimensions when unfolded 48" L x 30" W Tapering to 18" W

Someone said the V is for velocity. :)

Last edited:

DynoGuy

Nov 10, 2013
Statesville, NC
Detector(s) used
Sluices: Bazooka 30" Prospector, Bazooka Super Mini and a folding A52 clone. Homemade 12" x 24" Miller table.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ha ha ha funny guy you watch and see im gonna have one built... youll see! PROSPECTORS UNIT!
sorry ive had a few beers since its to cold to to go out.
oh yeah bye bye keene sluice youll be sold friday!

No seriously great idea.

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
BURP! thanks ill post pics when i either make it or have my works sheet metal guy make it. i wish i could get some of the material like the BGT is made out of and make it out of that! i was thinking if done right the water pressure would wedge it into the flare and it would help keep rocks and stuff from going into the bottom channel. i was also thinking of putting a small bracket on each side so that its possible to a metal stake down through. get to the river, put the flare in the water stake it down and drop you sluice in it and your ready to go!

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
not a bad idea, maybe the same size as the sluice, clipping to it with a built in shoulder strap.
example:
48 inch prospector V-ing Dam: (velocity increasong)

48" L x 15" W Tapering to 9" W dimensions of the sluice, V-ing Dam dimensions when unfolded 48" L x 30" W Tapering to 18" W

Someone said the V is for velocity. :)

yeah i thought about splitting it and putting a piano hinge on it but im not sure what the water pressure will do to it. ive heard alot of horror stories about the foldable pack sluices wanting to fold under pressure.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah i thought about splitting it and putting a piano hinge on it but im not sure what the water pressure will do to it. ive heard alot of horror stories about the foldable pack sluices wanting to fold under pressure.
oh i was thinking we were making this out of black abs just like the bazooka

Edit:
Cause I like to be all matchahh. haha

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyone use backpack straps to carry the big Bazookas?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread