Denver Colorado tnet outing plan 2/20/14

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Calling all interested Colorado tnet members...I am organizing an outing for Thursday afternoon Feb 20 on Clear Creek on the north side of metro Denver. We will meet at the Steele Street Open Space Park on Steele St just north of 78th Avenue around 1:45-2pm. If you come later just walk to the river and then downstream just past the railroad bridge and you will see us at "Big Bend", one of the largest cobble bars in town. There's lots of space here for lots of prospectors with their sluices.

One Tip: You may want to bring a metal or wood stake to hold your sluice in place as water levels sometime rise through the afternoon due to snow melt, etc and I've seen a sluice get picked up by the water here! With a shortage of big rocks to set on top of your sluice, a stake can be wise.

I will have my Angus Mackirk Expedition, Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector and Supermini along for those who want to see modern technology in action! Oh, I also have lots of extra strong 5 gal buckets so if you need more, you can get em for less than the crummy ones they sell at Home Depot.

Some of us may go out for dinner afterward too if there is interest.

Please feel free to just post here if you plan to join us!

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aww man I can't go, that's right when I pick up the brats from school. I hope everyone else can make it though, lets try the next one for a weekend though. I wish you all the best of luck, steady water and full vials.
(Great idea Kevin, keep up the good work!)

Bigmanco

Jan 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U came up with a great idea. Itll be awesome to meet some other members.
Ill be there short of the police tellin me i can drive over the pass lol

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sure, after ski season, I'll organize a weekend outing :) ...and publish a date a month in advance to tempt Russ!

Last edited:

Bigmanco

Jan 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U so should kevin. Its only 14 hours. Iv done that in a day though id need two days of a hot tub and sleep before mining lol

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i usually goto Wyoming (16 hours) every year to dredge for the 2 week limit. 2 years ago i went to the Arkansa River at Buena Vista to dredge for 2 weeks on a friends claim(that was 18 hours because i missed several turn offs)thatll teach me as a ole dog to stop and get a cup of coffee every now and then!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should be coming through Denver sometime in July I'll keep in touch.

GG~

Bigmanco

Jan 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya ur right. Iv made many a trips around the country. Dozens to florida and many alone. I went from vegas to denver slept for six hours then denver to south indiana 19 hrs in the car a box of five hr energys and no sleep. When i got there i spent the night with my gf at the time did not sleep at 9am i had to take a friend to get a rental car cause he hit a deer the night before. On the way back id been up for 36 hrs took a nap driving and smoked the back end of an amublance yes an ambulance going 50 mph ate the windshield. Bashed my head off the sun roof frame gave my self a concussion. Now i stop every two hours max out a day of driving at 8-10 hrs

i usually goto Wyoming (16 hours) every year to dredge for the 2 week limit. 2 years ago i went to the Arkansa River at Buena Vista to dredge for 2 weeks on a friends claim(that was 18 hours because i missed several turn offs)thatll teach me as a ole dog to stop and get a cup of coffee every now and then!

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GG and Russ, I'd love to see you both when you come thru CO this summer :) Please do stay in touch on your plans!

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys still going with the morning snow? Remember your woolies and chest waders, they could be a game-changer! Heheh

Last edited:
OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Whats this about dredging in wyoming? 2 week limit for what? More deets please :)
P70, do a new thread for that, let's keep this one focused on next Thursday ...at least vaguely ;)

Anyone else able to come?

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi guys, well Bigmanco had to reschedule and with the weather 40 degrees instead of 55 (as predicted when I planned this), I've decided to defer this event until we have better weather.

Bigmanco

Jan 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you think of a better date let me know kevin. Maybe we can get more members to go then. 40 degrees playin around water ouch. Id prob would be in my wetsuit lol.

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
You and me are going to have fun Kevin. 40 degrees is like a heatwave!! We have had one of the coldest winters on record. Its getting better but last month the high temp broke 30 just two times. We also had 8 days without making it above 20. Lowest temp... -22... When you have these conditions whats a man to do??...
Ill tell you... Take all the remaining 20 gallons of the 50 gallons of apple wine that we made this year and freeze it down to thoes temps removing the slushy ice. Turn that 20 gallons into 3 gallons. Rack, and here you go.

Applejack Brandy... Sorry i cant disclose the fussel and methanol removal process or what Proof it is.
Lets just say you drink it with the small glasses.

Attachments

• image-195382240.jpg
    image-195382240.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 69

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread