Hoshnasi

May 2, 2011
Cerritos, Ca.
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BGT Sniper and Classifying

I know the sniper is still relatively new on the market, but I am curious, for one shoveler, will the sniper take unclassified material? If my goal is portability but to avoid ALL classifying, which length would be better? Thank you for the help!

Last edited:

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say the 30 inch prospector is your target, haven't seen the sniper yet, but the description on the website does not mention shoveling right into the sniper, just a good appetite :)
the BGT 30 inch Prospector is 10 LBS, the 30 inch miner is listed at 18 pounds (Wow, only one pound less than my bgt 48"!!).
However, please keep in mind that I don't know crap, just an educated guess. :)
Lets' have someone that has ran one of the snipers or even the bazookagoldtrap user to chime in with the correct info before you hit the "add to cart" :D

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DGT.. What's that a knock off? Lol Yes all bgt's are made to take non classified material, but it all comes down to water flow.. Low slow flow you will find yourself clearing the grizzly by hand but still much faster then classifying bucket style. For backpacking and portability go with the smallest sniper (24"). for direct shoveling the 30" sniper might be the best bet it's 1" wider at the flare then the 24" sniper. Classifying has nothing to do with length as far as I can see..
Ps Kewl avatar lol
Good luck!

Last edited:

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good point prospector70! No mention of shoveling into any of the snipers but the 30 and 36" are advertised as, "with the appetite of a prospector" says something to me. With good flow I don't see why a 30" sniper can't be fed a shovel load and wait for it to clear before the next... Have yet to experience the sniper so just my thoughts. Must agree with you P70... 30" prospector for portability and production all day!
Man,extreme fever spike just thinking about sluicing, can't wait for the weekend!:-\

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fever Spike! HA!.......

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
I want to get the 36 sniper. Pretty sure you can shovel directly into one of those. Although, I'm in prospectors70's shoes, haven't experienced one yet. I'm hoping to buy one soon.

OP
OP
Hoshnasi

Hoshnasi

May 2, 2011
Cerritos, Ca.
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DGT.. What's that a knock off? ... Ps Kewl avatar lol Good luck!
Lol, damn auto correct. I hope it comes across, but the avatar is me smoking a JM Boswell pipe. All proper English tobacco. :)

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a 30" Bazooka Sniper on order and will do a product review as soon as I can get it wet! Very curious to see how it compares to the Supermini...which definitely works better with some classification. It is too small to have baseball sized rocks landing in it - seems to jiggle the trap too much leading to gold loss. It's a great sampling tool but not a production device for me, the Sniper looks to be that bit more robust, that will jump up its usefulness. More soon!

Last edited:

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol my bad, comes across fine with with me. I noticed your located in CA so had assume you were chiefing a green one.. Sorry:laughing7: Let us know what bazooka you decide to go with and how you like it after you get it in the water! Will be cool to start hearing some first hand reviews on the sniper, wife says I need to sell an organ before I buy another sluice.. image.jpg

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, that shot is frame- ready! Beautiful camera work dude!

Did she specify it has to be one of YOUR organs? LoL

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea man two is enough for now..... we have bigger fish to fry anyways:thumbsup:

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lol my bad, comes across fine with with me. I noticed your located in CA so had assume you were chiefing a green one.. Sorry:laughing7: Let us know what bazooka you decide to go with and how you like it after you get it in the water! Will be cool to start hearing some first hand reviews on the sniper, wife says I need to sell an organ before I buy another sluice.. View attachment 951623

The good news is you can survive on one kidney! Go for it man!.......... very cool pic :thumbsup:

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kevin, sweet you got the 30" snipe on order. Looking forward to your review with pictures pretty plz:thumbsup:
Rdg Sluicer thanks for encouragement, the wife will lose either way.. Ill be complaining without a sniper and definitely be crying short of one kidney:tongue3:
Thanks for complementing on the 36" bgt shot fellas, not bad for an iPhone. It was a cold dark day in the shade but my shovel kept me warm and the gold made it bright8-)
Goldwasher, your right! thanks for snapping me out of it:dontknow:.. Ill have that one small fish fried by tonight.. Will get things up off the ground..
Hoshnasi, get a bazooka, get some gold and please report back to share:hello:

Last edited:

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thought I'd chime in with my 2cents on classifying material before running it through a BGT. I was a strong proponent for classifying, I used to run all my material through a 1/4" before processing. But as of recent I've had a big change of heart, I've been doing some experimentation and have come to the conclusion that it not only wastes time and adds an unnecessary step but actually reduces the efficiency of the trap. The problem is the material packs in and condenses too much after classifying, requiring you to feed it slower and break up the clumps, or risk it going right out the end. You can really see the difference going thru the grizzlies compared to a shovel full of loose material.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thought I'd chime in with my 2cents on classifying material before running it through a BGT. I was a strong proponent for classifying, I used to run all my material through a 1/4" before processing. But as of recent I've had a big change of heart, I've been doing some experimentation and have come to the conclusion that it not only wastes time and adds an unnecessary step but actually reduces the efficiency of the trap. The problem is the material packs in and condenses too much after classifying, requiring you to feed it slower and break up the clumps, or risk it going right out the end. You can really see the difference going thru the grizzlies compared to a shovel full of loose material.
Another convert to the no-classifying club!!
Baaaa-zoooo-KA!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol my bad, comes across fine with with me. I noticed your located in CA so had assume you were chiefing a green one.. Sorry:laughing7: Let us know what bazooka you decide to go with and how you like it after you get it in the water! Will be cool to start hearing some first hand reviews on the sniper, wife says I need to sell an organ before I buy another sluice..
View attachment 951623

That's gnarly dude :headbang:

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lol, damn auto correct. I hope it comes across, but the avatar is me smoking a JM Boswell pipe. All proper English tobacco. :)

Thanks for clearing that up. For a minute I thought it was Hashnasi......

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lol my bad, comes across fine with with me. I noticed your located in CA so had assume you were chiefing a green one.. Sorry:laughing7: Let us know what bazooka you decide to go with and how you like it after you get it in the water! Will be cool to start hearing some first hand reviews on the sniper, wife says I need to sell an organ before I buy another sluice.. View attachment 951623
Dam, that photo is amazing! It has a mystical fog flowing out of the gold trap!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread