Bazooka Gold Trap

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I want to buy a BGT this weekend, but I'm struggling between the 30" sniper and the 36" sniper. What's the difference besides length? Hey since the BGT is in Northern California have you guys used the sluice in the American River?

I have used mine on the South Fork and it works great. (Super Mini) Waiting for the water to go down so I can use it on the North Fork.

GM

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
Do more research, I think you'll chose the 36" Unless you are also planning to purchase a prospector model. It's only $10 more and you could always shorten it if needed but taking a 30" and making it longer and wider at the scoop is not so easy. GG~
Well I'm also looking for portability too. Guess I would rather play it safe and go with the 30 instead. It's about $13 dollars more to get a 36" but it would been more weight and length. I don't know if I can fit it in my backpack yet. I think I will measure it tomorrow, but that's not my worry. I have to fit a pan, shovels, handredge and more. Hehe, but not my classifier!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I'm also looking for portability too. Guess I would rather play it safe and go with the 30 instead. It's about $13 dollars more to get a 36" but it would been more weight and length. I don't know if I can fit it in my backpack yet. I think I will measure it tomorrow, but that's not my worry. I have to fit a pan, shovels, handredge and more. Hehe, but not my classifier!
Sounds like you have figured out exactly what'll work for you!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
High banker where are you.
patience grasshopper

Seriously, I bet you could buy the sluice now and get the high banker kit later when it's available. Drop Chris at Bazooka a note to ask?!

RifRaff

Tenderfoot
Sep 1, 2012
G-Ville, NV
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got my BGT today, 24'' sniper and 48'' prospector. Headed out tomorrow after work with my buddy to try them out. I will try and remember to get some pics.

Wish me luck.
And Thank you again Chris

RifRaff

Tenderfoot
Sep 1, 2012
G-Ville, NV
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
IMG_0057.jpg

Hers a quick pic of the comparison of the two, a tv remote in the prospector for size

Last edited:

ssdevilfish

Jan 8, 2014
patience grasshopper Seriously, I bet you could buy the sluice now and get the high banker kit later when it's available. Drop Chris at Bazooka a note to ask?!
. Well things happened quickly. Lol. Found a sweet sweet spot. So much so that my partner and I bought a Keene 2 1/2 inch dredge combo. A small bobcat and looking to lease a portable trommel sluice from msi mining in June. The bazooka is still a future purchase as soon as bankers available.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
. Well things happened quickly. Lol. Found a sweet sweet spot. So much so that my partner and I bought a Keene 2 1/2 inch dredge combo. A small bobcat and looking to lease a portable trommel sluice from msi mining in June. The bazooka is still a future purchase as soon as bankers available.
Wow, congrats on the spot! If you are already amping up to a bobcat and MSI processing setup then it is POO level right? (Or will you avoid that by minimizing the amount of land disturbed at any one time?)

ssdevilfish

Jan 8, 2014
Wow, congrats on the spot! If you are already amping up to a bobcat and MSI processing setup then it is POO level right? (Or will you avoid that by minimizing the amount of land disturbed at any one time?)
. The place were digging up is on some of my own land and my partners adjoining acreage. Did I say mining. Lol. I meant grading our land for future mitigation so we can replant beautiful spruce and some apple trees. Just so happens there may be a speck or so of gold that's worth cleaning out before we plant trees. I think that's best way to describe it without problems. Hahaha

ssdevilfish

Jan 8, 2014
. The place were digging up is on some of my own land and my partners adjoining acreage. Did I say mining. Lol. I meant grading our land for future mitigation so we can replant beautiful spruce and some apple trees. Just so happens there may be a speck or so of gold that's worth cleaning out before we plant trees. I think that's best way to describe it without problems. Hahaha
. I'm all for green and having an EMP. But I don't lose sleep over it. This is our own land with all rights easements ownership permits And whatever else we need. . I could strip it all blow it apart and leave 68 acres a huge pit for years and simply walk away and grab maybe 100-200 ounces. Thought about it to save cost but the realized hey I have gold under my feet why not get it without so much killing anything living. So be it. Green it shall be.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds great. I'm sure the trees you plant will grow better if you first remove any metals from the soil ;)

Lemme know if I can help when I get back from Asia (currently on a big business trip around the world)...

AU_Solitude

Feb 24, 2014
Vacaville CA
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GBII, Geo Picks & Hammers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is it possible to buy a bazooka gold trap locally in placerville or wherever you are at there? That way I don't have to wait for shipping?

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is it possible to buy a bazooka gold trap locally in placerville or wherever you are at there? That way I don't have to wait for shipping?
Yes

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I picked mine up at the factory from Todd. Very Cool Dude! Just call him or Chris and they will probably accommodate you.

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I talked to Todd yesterday, helluva nice guy!

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds great. I'm sure the trees you plant will grow better if you first remove any metals from the soil ;)

Lemme know if I can help when I get back from Asia (currently on a big business trip around the world)...

Have you found any gold there?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread