Bazooka Gold Trap

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Todd personally delivered ours. Great guy! 040-1.jpg

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can pick it up and meet you near Folsom

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
It would be in the future, not sure when. I plan to go up to colfax soon, so on my way up I could meet you. It would save me an hours drive along with some gas. It would be a very nice thing do you to do. I will PM you when I have a date I will set up a time. We will figure out where to meet too. Might be a month or a week, so bare with me.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds good! I could pick it up and meet you in Colfax. Got my biggest pickers on the Bear (go figure)! I know a good spot with free parking and a short hike. Probably just need a weeks notice.

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I might go with my brother this Friday. Going to head up for most of the day. If I do go we have to leave at around 1 or 2pm. My brother has work and he's my only ride, so I'm still thinking. I'm probably going to say yes because I can feel my fever kicking in. For the sluice I would want the 30" prospector. I could pay you the 185 in cash when we meet up in colfax. How fars the bear from there?

pods

Feb 18, 2014
Raleigh
Detector(s) used
BGT mini and prospector, Gold-n-Sand.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
From a half day Saturday on my rain creek with the 36" prospector. Not bad for a walk out the back door (in a creek that shouldn't contain gold):
IMG_20140309_163200.jpg

Used a wingdam and some 1" adapters for the inlet tubes to keep the trap fluid. I was hoping for some bigger chunks. I think I moved too far upstream of the bigger flakes. Still caught fines well. Saved the black sands to run on a miller table when I make one, but there is some flour gold in there.

Lookin4goaled

Jan 5, 2014
Sacramento, Ca
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250 w/ DD Coil, 30" BGT Prospector, Blue bowl
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I might go with my brother this Friday. Going to head up for most of the day. If I do go we have to leave at around 1 or 2pm. My brother has work and he's my only ride, so I'm still thinking. I'm probably going to say yes because I can feel my fever kicking in. For the sluice I would want the 30" prospector. I could pay you the 185 in cash when we meet up in colfax. How fars the bear from there?

Bear River is about 10-15 min from Colfax... Really close

ssdevilfish

Jan 8, 2014
How about an update on the high bankers and maybe some pics of the stand and possibly the bankers. Thanks.

ssdevilfish

Jan 8, 2014
I'm guessing no high bankers for bazooka. No updates in a while. Spring is here and it's time to buy a new high banker combo.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Chris said it would be introduced in April.

Meanwhile I now have a whole collection of Bazookas...want a demo?

TunnelRat

Mar 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
??? Question for the group. Could a prospector be used with an insert that narrows down the width to that of a sniper to increase the flow ? I'm thinking that if the sniper works in a slower water than the prospector, by narrowing the width of the prospector it will cause it to work better in a slower flowing stream. Am I thinking correctly here?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
??? Question for the group. Could a prospector be used with an insert that narrows down the width to that of a sniper to increase the flow ? I'm thinking that if the sniper works in a slower water than the prospector, by narrowing the width of the prospector it will cause it to work better in a slower flowing stream. Am I thinking correctly here?
no, the fluid bed wouldn't work right in that case. The sniper's fluid bed is almost 4X the size of the Mini but still much smaller than the Prospector's bed...so the sniper can get away with the smaller scoop and with having two fluidization pipes instead of three. With e wider bed and three tubes, the prospector needs more flow. Still, it doesn't need that much for the bed to work.

Last edited:

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm guessing no high bankers for bazooka. No updates in a while. Spring is here and it's time to buy a new high banker combo.

Last I heard they are breaking them out at the summit next weekend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread