Bazooka Gold Trap

ssdevilfish

Jan 8, 2014
About time. Hope them high banker kits are coming by spring. That will be a game changer for me.

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
Good, maybe all the rabid bgt owners won't be clogging up all the other sluicing threads and pissing off the more expensive sluice manufacturers.

OP
OP
B

bazookagoldtrap

Aug 27, 2013
Coloma, California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ahh.. The highbankers. The stands are production ready, and the manifolds are halfway there. Everytime we think they're ready, Todd rips em apart again with a better design. I know we said the end of this month, but the Sniper orders have absolutely slammed us. We have a few other things in the works we think you'll find extremely useful which will be rolled out in the next few months as well.

Yeah, I kind of thought maybe the legion of BGT users might want a place to chat aside from the main forums, and it should make it a little easier for us to keep up with all of you (provided this forum is used rather the GP forums). We shall see how effective it becomes.

To all of our users - You're Awesome! There isn't enough time in the day for us to design, manufacture, and fulfill these sluices and still find the time to keep up with all the questions and comments we receive from around the globe. We sincerely appreciate the time you all take to assist the newcomers with their questions, and providing them with real-world examples of how to succeed with our line. You're the best.

A Huge Thank You from The Bazooka Crew.

ssdevilfish

Jan 8, 2014
Great news on the high bankers. Congrats on what a lot of people think are the best stream sluices out there. And as soon as high bankers are ready I'll be part of the Bazooka Brat Club.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet, thanks for the support!

I for one think the main reason of this forum is to interact with each other and discuss tools and procedures for getting the gold. If a product does it better than anything else, I would sure want to know all about it before I paid hundreds of dollars for something inferior.

Keep up the good work BGT! :D

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just bought a 36" prospecter. Can"t wait to use it. But right now were part of the northpole. Just got to love New England weather. Just had a question. I think I read some where the BGT sluices would catch gems. Is this true. But they would be kind of limited. To the size of the grizzleys.

OP
OP
B

bazookagoldtrap

Aug 27, 2013
Coloma, California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just bought a 36" prospecter. Can"t wait to use it. But right now were part of the northpole. Just got to love New England weather. Just had a question. I think I read some where the BGT sluices would catch gems. Is this true. But they would be kind of limited. To the size of the grizzleys.

Wish I could check out that weather out there.. it's nasty in Northern Cal today but it doesn't even register with what you've been going through. As far as the BGT's and gems, yes and yes. I've only come across small garnets in my area myself, but others have been surprised during clean-outs.

Edit: Because of the lower specific gravity of many gems they could end up in the trap or be washed over the top deck (http://www.gemselect.com/gem-info/specific-gravity.php)

Last edited:

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
5:45 AM Pacific Standard Time....I bought my first BGT! Got a 30" sniper on the way!!!!! I can't wait til next weekend!! Classification is not allowed in the streambed in Washington, however as long as I classify to some extent (which I probably should since it's a sniper not a prospector anyways) I'll be good to go!!

Last edited:

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on the fantastic new sluices people! I assure you that you will not be disappointed.
triple_d: Oh, come on! It will be 36 there on Sunday, surely you can get an hour or two in before the sun goes down. :D
425jesse: Please write up a review of that sniper when you use it! (Jealous!)

pods

Feb 18, 2014
Raleigh
Detector(s) used
BGT mini and prospector, Gold-n-Sand.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sweet on the BGT forum. Now everyone won't get PO'd by my incessant BGT spam.

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the replys. The temps today was suppose to be in the 30 range. But the wind chills in the teens.I have to work in this lousy weather. So its very hard to get out and play. I bought the Bgt because of all. The good reviews on this great forum.

ssdevilfish

Jan 8, 2014
I propose a summer time Bazooka sluice competition for Colorado prospectors. I will have mine soon and will have found a good spot and claim by then. Would be cool to see ten or so bazookas lined up in clear creek battling for top spot. Between Kevin and I, I think we can arrange some weekend competitions.

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
I want to buy a BGT this weekend, but I'm struggling between the 30" sniper and the 36" sniper. What's the difference besides length? Hey since the BGT is in Northern California have you guys used the sluice in the American River?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I propose a summer time Bazooka sluice competition for Colorado prospectors. I will have mine soon and will have found a good spot and claim by then. Would be cool to see ten or so bazookas lined up in clear creek battling for top spot. Between Kevin and I, I think we can arrange some weekend competitions.
A competition sounds like fun...bring it on boys!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I want to buy a BGT this weekend, but I'm struggling between the 30" sniper and the 36" sniper. What's the difference besides length? Hey since the BGT is in Northern California have you guys used the sluice in the American River?
Well the traps are the same but the longer skid plate gives you more to throw dirt at which should make it slightly hungrier (speculating now since I've only used the 30") and certainly easier to aim at ;)

Theoretically the bigger scoop in the bottom should mean a slightly higher pressure in the fluid bed tubes, not sure how much that would be significant though...

One practical thing, it's easier to get enough drop with a shorter sluice vs. a longer one so in flatter water the shorter one would be better.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are the trap sizes different for each length? If not, I would think the longer sluice would give you more PSI in the trap, and longer for the material to break down (stratisfy, stratify? I need more coffee. AND SUNSHINE DANG WEEKEND WEATHER!) before it goes over the fluid bed.

<3

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well your probably right Kevin. I think I will go for the 30" sniper. I think drop is more important. Thanks for the info.

Do more research, I think you'll chose the 36" Unless you are also planning to purchase a prospector model. It's only $10 more and you could always shorten it if needed but taking a 30" and making it longer and wider at the scoop is not so easy.

GG~

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do more research, I think you'll chose the 36" Unless you are also planning to purchase a prospector model. It's only $10 more and you could always shorten it if needed but taking a 30" and making it longer and wider at the scoop is not so easy. GG~
I tend to agree with GG (as usual!) ...if it was me, I'd get the 36" knowing I could always cut it down on my table saw if I had a hard time with it, which most people wouldn't I don't think. My prior post was trying to lay out the facts, not to make a recommendation. Each person has to decide what will work best for them of course. In my personal case the other limiting factor is what will fit in my car trunk...it's a little Honda so 30" is more practical :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread