First trip to the River. Successful.

Campngolf

Feb 4, 2014
NorCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So we hit Bear River Campground this morning for our first prospecting experience. Kinda figured it might be crowded but nope, we were the only ones looking for good that I saw. Some other catching the rays. Beautiful day on the river.

We did find some color. And considering this area has got to be one of the most prospected spots on earth, it was nice not to get skunked. I have a feeling we'll be visiting this spot again. It's so convenient and easy to get to.

I did notice my sluice was getting filled with small rocks between the riffle bars. I need to fine tune but not sure exactly what. Perhaps more slope or more water.

All in all, a great experience. Thanks to all here for the great advice. I will definately be making a trip to the Gold show in Placerville next month to look for more toys and advice.

Camp

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great work on finding some color. What sluice do you have?

OP
OP
C

Campngolf

Feb 4, 2014
NorCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks gm. I've got a Keene a51. I used a 1/2 inch classifier but think I may buy a smaller one as 1/2 inch seemed to let too many larger rocks into my bucket.

Rebel73153

Aug 12, 2010
Roseburg,Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your First color. You may want to go with a 1/4" classifier and look in to the California Sluice box Company and Angus Mackirk drop riffle sluices. So much easier to clean out and they catch gold really well. Or the Bazooka Gold Trap sluice. It cost more than the others but is supposed to be really good. I just got one of the 36" Sniper versions and hope to try it out tomorrow. Good luck and Happy Hunting.

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So we hit Bear River Campground this morning for our first prospecting experience. Kinda figured it might be crowded but nope, we were the only ones looking for good that I saw. Some other catching the rays. Beautiful day on the river.

We did find some color. And considering this area has got to be one of the most prospected spots on earth, it was nice not to get skunked. I have a feeling we'll be visiting this spot again. It's so convenient and easy to get to.

I did notice my sluice was getting filled with small rocks between the riffle bars. I need to fine tune but not sure exactly what. Perhaps more slope or more water.

All in all, a great experience. Thanks to all here for the great advice. I will definately be making a trip to the Gold show in Placerville next month to look for more toys and advice.

Camp

Success is success, congrats. Now, go get more!

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello I also have the keene A 51... its a great sluice. It sounds like your feeding her just fine. This sluice is a big one she will catch it all. This sluice allows you to place the classifier onto the flare if you want. The classifer should teeter above the sluice floor. I just Pour my bucket in slow through the classifer and let the water push it through. The only problem I have with it is that as it ages the clear caulk begins to wear out and gold can get trapped under the sluice hinges in the caulk. Glad to hear you got some color! Next time I hope you...

Git the gold!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions