Power sluicing

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
to check ownership of a peice of land, go to the county recorders office of that county and research it your self! see whos paying taxs on that ground! DONT rely of the BLM/FS to give you anything that is correct!

So right !
BUT, this one is owned by "United States Gov't", No tax roll or property tax's, or even decent chain of title :(

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, and thank you as well Clay Diggins...Really hope I did not offend, this or any other time... I know this has come up before. I appreciate your response & feedback.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The county recorder still has the land status... And the Master title plat. there are no unknowns.

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
I emailed the BLM and asked about the claim, I gave them the identification number of the claim that clay gave me. They wrote me back this "That is a placer mining claim that is still active located in Section, 36, T15N,R9E MDM in the SW quadrant.
Thanks" this proves that the claim is 100% true. Beyond the Iowa hill bride up river is private land and I will make sure never to go there again. Sorry Clay Diggins for my remarks and statements. I have only prospected on the left side of the Iowa hill bridge. I never explored to other way. I once saw some guy go down over there with a sluice I didn't want to follow him though. Sorry for the trouble I caused everyone. Thanks Clay for the valuable information.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Unfortunately the Placer County assessors office won't have what you want on their plat maps. Long story but the brief version is - it's California.

You can find the Master Title Plat at the Government Land Office. Their search function seems to be down right now. The BLM managed websites are usually easier to access after work hours - if they are working at all.

The Claims location notices are recorded at the County Recorder's Office.

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This topic deserves its own thread ! Oneof the reasons i will attend the lecture on claims at the summit, so that i understand the process a little more.

PaulieNoNuggets

Dec 21, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
From what I understand, when the North fork became "wild and scenic", any claims that weren't originally there before 1983(?) could no longer be renewed. Anything that had a continuous claim since before 1983 was 'grandfathered' in, which would be why the Eileen claim is still valid and active. The Eileen claim is right on top of the campground at Mineral bar. I imagine John and Clarence Eddy are the guys that pulled all those cobbles out that are piled up on the bank.
If you don't mind a 10 minute walk go north out of the campground, down the mud bank, and then along the narrow stretch of bedrock, right after that where the bedrock widens and all the boulders start is the northern edge of the Eileen claim. After that you're good to go, at least to the second bend. Further up than that I couldn't tell you as I've not been that far so haven't done the research.
I have wondered why they keep the Eileen claim open. They must know that there are people prospecting there every weekend. I figure they either keep it for nostalgia, seeing as they've had the claim for so many years, or they're waiting for the next big flood + then they'll post claim signs and kick everyone out :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread