Bazooka Gold Trap vs Grizzly Sluice III

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going for very fine gold, which of the two sluices would you prefer and why? I like both of these but for different reasons. I need some input in picking the best one. Which do you think will gather the most flour gold?

You do know that you must dump water by hand into the grizzly sluice III dont you? If the water flow is too slow to operate a bazooka gold trap then go with the grizzly sluice III if that's what you like. Otherwise it's a no brainer to go with the Bazooka. Way faster, easier on your back, and will catch all the fine and flour gold you can feed it and will keep it trapped until you clean it out.

GG~

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If flows are low where you dig, get the Bazooka Supermini...you'll get more gold with less work than that Grizzly thing.

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think you would be better off using a good pan than a Grizzly Sluice.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the deal with the Bazooka is if you don't have as much tilt and flow it lowers the PSI in the trap (Which catches finer gold, but takes longer to process the dirt from dump to exit).
I've never had the good fortune of using a Grizzly Sluice III, but from experience I can tell you the bazooka will get it done. You will be amazed at how well it works, and how fast it increases your dirts washed per hour. (IE more gold)

Best of luck to you good sir!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread