Bazooka sniper or prospector. Which should I buy?

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We have all kinds of dredging up here. Some rivers are open as little as 2 weeks a year, others are open from 6 months to all year. As you may imagine, because all our rivers basically lead to the ocean, the salmon runs really predict the dredging season.

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am sure the running salmon have a huge part of when you can and cannt dredge. There is a couple parts if the feather river and the Yuba river I would love to dredge. And there a couple of creeks as well that would be good to dredge if I could do it

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
425 Jesse Keep in touch and let us know when your gonna be near Placerville. There are several of us here who will help put you on a spot.If your friend doesn't have one that is.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
425jesse As Goldwasher says there are a lot of us here that are a just few tosses of a nugget from Rancho and/or Shingle Springs. If you hit town we go get gold. I have almost every day off of work in June so that would be a good time. Also to sweeten the pot a little I will throw in one of these

IMG_1780.JPG

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wearing mine now. Killer shirts Mojo!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Show up in person:occasion14:

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's it? I think I could handle that, but the real question is how big of sizes are they? So are you guys down in Placerville? I live up by Oroville and want to try out some new places I could take my 30 inch sniper

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to change my answer to: Both.

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
425jesse As Goldwasher says there are a lot of us here that are a just few tosses of a nugget from Rancho and/or Shingle Springs. If you hit town we go get gold. I have almost every day off of work in June so that would be a good time. Also to sweeten the pot a little I will throw in one of these

View attachment 988524

I wanted to come down to California so bad when you guys were having your tnet outing a few weeks back. I would love to dig with you guys and rock a awesome t-shirt too! Thanks for the cordiality guys, I will absolutely keep in touch about when we come down. Cheers!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
image-3381308823.jpg

Y'all may remember this comment I made a while ago to someone nervous about how to properly setup their new Bazooka....our friends at Bazooka Gold Co made this :-)

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah ....... Lol I cannt wait till i save up some money to get the big prospector and shovel a lot more and think way less, I cannt wait to see how much material it could run with 2 people shoveling into it .

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ha! That's quite a photo and logo. Caught a lot of gold in that sluice! Conrats HTD and Kevin!

Last edited:

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you know I never paid much attention until recently of the bazooka gold sluice and after watching a few vids I wished I saw one of these sooner in action it might be ideal for small creeks that I'm always sampling and not dragging a pump along that gets old quick what is the recommended sluice for smaller creeks and streams for like 4' wide and under?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For sampling without classifying I would go with the sniper. You could go all the way down to the Mini if you want to carry a classifier anyway...that thing almost fits in your pocket and runs on hardly any water at all. I've seen one in action and it's amazing something that small works but it does!

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey thank you very much on the sniper, i'll have to check it out!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread