This Sluice Any good?

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi all, Found this sluice on ebay and saw it once on YouTube. Not sure how it is...anyone have experience with this sluice before? Is it any good? Thanks

image-3166380989.jpg

image-1010897116.jpg

image-1041277269.jpg

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen lots of good stuff about them, but no personal experience. If you watch Hurthawks videos, he uses them almost exclusively.

Last edited:

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Drop riffle sluice design is a good choice for "low and slow flow" creeks, I have a similar Angus that I use for these conditions.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! for 28.50 everyone should have one in their arsenal......

GG~

Last edited:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great tool/price for certain situations.

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
At that price it won't cost much to find out? No one sluice works best in every spot. Personally I have 4 diff sluices I use depending on where I am going.

OP
OP
H&F909ORO

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
At that price it won't cost much to find out? No one sluice works best in every spot. Personally I have 4 diff sluices I use depending on where I am going.
thanks for the advice. I think it would be a bad sluice for a river (North Fork American) definitely great for a small creek or stream. Mainly prospecting on the river, guess I will just keep that bazooka in mind, but thanks for the comment Rdg Sluicer.

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
thanks for the advice. I think it would be a bad sluice for a river (North Fork American) definitely great for a small creek or stream. Mainly prospecting on the river, guess I will just keep that bazooka in mind, but thanks for the comment Rdg Sluicer.

It depends..... even big rivers have spots where the water may not be so fast. If your crevicing or scraping cracks that may be all the sluice you really need. Just remember it is not a requirement to spend a lot of money to find gold...... but it is possible to spend as much as you want if not a lot more.......

Frank D.

Sep 20, 2013
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just bought one and will have it in 10 days. Gonna use it for fine gold recovery. From what I have read about the sluice, because it is a drop riffle design, it works good for fine gold recovery when keeping it level, and the water flow a little bit more on the faster side because you have no downward angle. I'm gonna give it a try

OP
OP
H&F909ORO

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
I just bought one and will have it in 10 days. Gonna use it for fine gold recovery. From what I have read about the sluice, because it is a drop riffle design, it works good for fine gold recovery when keeping it level, and the water flow a little bit more on the faster side because you have no downward angle. I'm gonna give it a try
when you test it in time tell me about it because I'm still looking for a sluice to buy.

OP
OP
H&F909ORO

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
It depends..... even big rivers have spots where the water may not be so fast. If your crevicing or scraping cracks that may be all the sluice you really need. Just remember it is not a requirement to spend a lot of money to find gold...... but it is possible to spend as much as you want if not a lot more.......
you may be right, I was looking to dig and to crevice. Problem is, is I haven't explored the downstream area of the NF American. I have looked it up on google earth and there might be some spots that could be good, but google earth can't tell you everything. I do understand what you are saying and will definitely use the info while I do further research, thanks for the help!

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
you may be right, I was looking to dig and to crevice. Problem is, is I haven't explored the downstream area of the NF American. I have looked it up on google earth and there might be some spots that could be good, but google earth can't tell you everything. I do understand what you are saying and will definitely use the info while I do further research, thanks for the help!

Google earth has lied to me so many times. It whispered that I would find gold so amny times. LIAR! LMAO

kevin1

Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a larger version of that sluice, you'll be pleased with what it can do.

kevin1

Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you use it in a stream?

Yes, our creeks and smaller rivers tend to be shallow and low flow, but with damming you can get enough flow. Our gold is glacially deposited, and therefore tiny, which is why I went with a drop riffle. Even my con sluice is a drop riffle.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions