OP
OP
b.jmining530

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well when I used mine it sorta was submerged a little. I had to move into the deep water to get the right flow. But I was not able to set the rocks up just rights to where it was set up "perfect" but I would put the material as far back on on the bazooka so it would have the lights floats away and gold fall towards the middle . I was thinking for a stand getting some 1 inch square tubing and getting some 1.5 in tubing with thicker walls so I could wield so angle iron to it for a base for the exit end of the sluice and then drill holes so I could put a bolt through with a wing nut on the other side and then for the open end of the sluice box wield some more angle iron to make a channel to slide the wide end into . What do you guys think?

Last edited:

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Angry River

IMG_1915.JPG

OP
OP
b.jmining530

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dang thats crazy!! The feather river only rose up a couple of inches. But I was already waste deep, and that extra 2 inches was making it a little hard to stand still in one place

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Side bar---ive only workedmiddle and north fork american. Looking to hit bear river next near colfax...

Is Feather river All that I hear it is??

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, look At all that bedrock!

OP
OP
b.jmining530

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am not sure if it is or is not I just started prospecting , but I posted a pic if what I got in a couple of hours from the feather river in the Yuba city area

Last edited:

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That rocks! Awesome job I must say. i am new to the area, so I am working near old claims" my great uncle has told me about all his life..

Just an interested soul passing by.

OP
OP
b.jmining530

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks that was my first time sluicing and using my bazooka . I would like to try the feather river a little closer to home in oroville. My buddy told me about a place where there are some ancient dredge holes that are pretty close to the river.

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dredge holes can always be quite promising. Never look over the archaic* wisdom-
As for the bazooka, the best of luck to you. Not that you will need it, from what I have read on this site and others, it is the sluice to get..

Right now I am near Sacramento, Ca. Driving fwy80 up the hill

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They work submerged?
COOL!!!
I could set it up in the Smith river (past kick butt gold producer & no sluices allowed..) and it would look like I was just dumpin' shovel fulls of dirt in to the river!
Does the forest circus & BLM question sanity?:laughing7:
HEH!!:laughing7:
:headbang:

OP
OP
b.jmining530

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well are you GPAA member? They have a claim up off of 80 in the placerville area . Maybe we could check it out sometime. And as far As the bazooka goes I could not be happier with it !!! And you always need some luck when finding gold

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been to a few gpaa claims recently, and yes...i must say they have All held potential.

IdahoJake

Oct 9, 2013
Clarkston, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've decided to see what all the commotion is about the BGT...so, I bought the 36" Prospector. It'll be here in a week and then I'll take it up on one of my claims and run some dirt through it. Looks like it'll be a great prospecting tool.

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You will not regret it, absolutely great sluice.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've decided to see what all the commotion is about the BGT...so, I bought the 36" Prospector. It'll be here in a week and then I'll take it up on one of my claims and run some dirt through it. Looks like it'll be a great prospecting tool.
good call. A joy to use.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It would have been nice if my GGGGrandfather had one when he came out to California in 1849. The inheritance would have been huge......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions