3xflyfisher

Nov 1, 2005
In my RV, where ever it may stop!
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all!
Just ordered a 30" BGT Prospector and am anxious as all get-out to be able to go out and play! I have had a 30" Gold King for 30+ years, paid $29 for it back in the day and have recovered quite a lot of gold with it - darn good investment! Hopefully the Prospector will pay off like my Gold King.
Have a great day.
3xflyfisher

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent choice, great tool for getting the gold!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm sure it will 3X! What part of the state do you prospect in?

I spend my time in Western Arapahoe County, elsewhere in metro Denver, up clear creek canyon....and in summer, somewhat in Summit and Park Counties.

OP
OP
3xflyfisher

3xflyfisher

Nov 1, 2005
In my RV, where ever it may stop!
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Kevin,
I'm in Golden so I spend a lot of my time on Clear Creek and in areas have done well. I read your thread on making your wife a ring-+/-20 years ago I'd recovered enough gold to have our wedding rings made with my gold! I have explored around Summit County (found my only nugget with a MD there on French Creek!) and several areas on the Arkansas R too. Clear Creek is nice because its in my backyard and I am able to go in the evenings after work. I need to get down to the panning area at I70 and Youngfield to see what goodies might be lurking there. I also want to check out the areas along the Platte. I haven't spent much time in Park County but that is on my list to research and explore. For the last couple of year life has gotten in the way of my treasure hunting pursuits so hopefully it will remain relatively calm so I can play with my BGT.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Glad to hear you live close to a gold bearing creek, that's one thing I just love about living in Denver too! This time of year when the days are long, I go to local creeks near my house many times a month. Congrats on making rings yourself, very romantic of you! ...sounds like you have many years of experience on me (not worthy!)...still I can point you at the gold on CC in the Arapahoe Prospecting Park. It's a fun spot as are so many others around town :)

FYI - I got enough gold in town over the winter to pay for a 30" prospector (almost exactly in fact) so I think you can do very well this spring and summer... heavy pans!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread