My first shot at drop fluid bed.

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
ForumRunner_20140414_175305.png

ForumRunner_20140414_175315.png

ForumRunner_20140414_175325.png

ForumRunner_20140414_175333.png

Weighs 18lbs so no hiking to far with this thing. Cost about $40.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks ready for the stream! How did you decide on the pattern of holes in the tubes? Can you easily modify the hole pattern if you find you either aren't getting a fluidized bed or at the other extreme, are losing gold due to excessive flow?

For longer distance a cart or atv might help ;) Otherwise ABS plastic like they use at Bazooka Goldtraps is a good material to use.

Gold Rover

Feb 19, 2014
Western Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good luck on the first run! I hope it works for you. When I made my box, it took a lot of fiddling with different aspects of the sluice, including the holes in the tubes, to get it to work properly. It is a blast to clean out gold from your homemade equipment! Keep us posted.

OP
OP
Caminochaos

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
Kevin,
The holes 1/8" dia. 3/4"-1" apart staggered at approximately 30-45 degrees from bottom. If I had to modify them I'd have remove silicon and unscrew the box. It would be a pain.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kevin, The holes 1/8" dia. 3/4"-1" apart staggered at approximately 30-45 degrees from bottom. If I had to modify them I'd have remove silicon and unscrew the box. It would be a pain.

...sounds reasonable...hopefully you won't have to make hole pattern changes though ;)

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C/C A real important thing to have on your build is a divertor to prevent the fines from surfing on out the discharge. This is GoodyGuy's great idea. G/L

OP
OP
Caminochaos

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
I forgot about the diverter. I'll have to add that. As far as the hole pattern, I just took consensus approach and gathered all the info on previous builds. Hopefully it works. I'll put a pan at the end to see if I'm losing anything.

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Nice Job!!

Looks great, I wish you much gold in your sluice.

Will see if I can make it out to see some gold get trapped.

Text me before you get down in that canyon..lol

OP
OP
Caminochaos

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
Nice Job!!

Looks great, I wish you much gold in your sluice.

Will see if I can make it out to see some gold get trapped.

Text me before you get down in that canyon..lol

9-10 going till 2-3. I might forget to text :)

OP
OP
Caminochaos

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
Thanks. I was really happy with it. I just need to put bars and not construction cloth for the grizzly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions