OP
OP
TheGoldProspector

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My wife and prospecting buddy headed out to finish our trench on shirttail west today. Started early; 7am. The creek was the lowest I have ever seen, a good 14" lower than how I found it just 10 weeks ago. We knew that this may be the last time this season we could lay the sluice down here...

...so we got to workin...

11 buckets of material, and I must say, we were over 3' deep at most places in the trench. Without a dredge of Any kind, I must say that is quite an accomplishment. We just got home, so a great work day indeed.

-next week- Grouse falls? Ramsay crossing?

OP
OP
TheGoldProspector

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There actually was a nice clean from that trench.. Im at work..let me get a photo asap later tonight

OP
OP
TheGoldProspector

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
any picks from the cleanup? just curious how it went!

I hoped for a lot more, but the time spent was well worth it :)! Even the wife came, every time image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP
TheGoldProspector

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not headed out today, but tomorrow...what will the river spirits bestow upon me?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hopefully more of those nice chunky CA beauties like last time!!

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May the river spirits shine down and drop sweet pickers in your pan tomorrow..

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheGoldProspector

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had plans with a few buddies of mine to head out to yankee jims tomorrow. I have never been, and thought it would be fun to take everyone on a virgin journey of sorts..since many of them have never been gold hunting before..

..but, it looks like I may be with just a few people, or alone..
Is anyone else running some material tomorrow? If so, care to join up?

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am going there Monday early

OP
OP
TheGoldProspector

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am going there Monday early
How early? I went to pennyweight Early, and Had to come back to do chores; due to the wife. Good color. A Lot more larger pieces than I have seen in months.

-not a bad day-
...tomorrow perhaps?

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
TGP Great to see you getting larger gold. I am going to have to pass on tomorrow (Monday). Catching grief on my chore list. How long did you stay on the water?

OP
OP
TheGoldProspector

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
TGP Great to see you getting larger gold. I am going to have to pass on tomorrow (Monday). Catching grief on my chore list. How long did you stay on the water?

Well....after we set up the A52, which took Time...as always
We had just over 2 hours worth of digging. Creviced Hardcore...

One day..sometime soon..we will have to meet.
I still have yet to use a bazooka, and no one is interested in purchasing my A52 so as I can trade up.. Just have to find More gold to pay for it ;)!

OP
OP
TheGoldProspector

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting

:hello2: image.jpg

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice looking color. We will get together soon and you can experience the bazooka yourself. Fathers Day next Sunday. I will PM you.

OP
OP
TheGoldProspector

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Its my wednesday... Where should I drop my bgt into water this weekend-Anyone interested in Sun/Mon?

dfox

Greenie
Mar 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately I work Sun through Wed.. Probably going to head to the South Yuba at Brdgeport on Sat with a buddy from work. Last weekend I found my largest piece yet at the South Yuba.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheGoldProspector

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Unfortunately I work Sun through Wed.. Probably going to head to the South Yuba at Brdgeport on Sat with a buddy from work. Pretty sure it's hand/pans only, but I haven't ever been bothered using my BGT Mini. Last weekend I found my largest piece yet at the Sout Yuba.

I have yet to hit the yuba. :). Maybe i will travel alongside you someday real soon

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Forgive me. I'm not trying to sound like a parent here or anything. If it is hands and pans only don't you think you should keep the BGT at home? It only takes one person getting caught using a sluice or BGT before "the man" shuts down prospecting there for good right?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Forgive me. I'm not trying to sound like a parent here or anything. If it is hands and pans only don't you think you should keep the BGT at home? It only takes one person getting caught using a sluice or BGT before "the man" shuts down prospecting there for good right?
right!

OP
OP
TheGoldProspector

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out to the American River today; Middle Fork. Got to cross the river a few times to prospect a little more than normal. Took the wife, she read her book, I worked until I burned

Be well

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions