Dec 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The angle is OK but I would set it deeper so that the water is almost to the top of the fins at the inlet. Did you sample pan to make sure you are on the gold?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speed looks ok..you do need to slow down a bit when you pre-classify so you wont fill the trap with the denser material. Mojo is right you won't know if you lost it if your not sure if you've found it. Once the gold is in the trap there really isn't a way to get it out. Without your help that is.

OP
OP
B

biggdave92

Dec 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you do need to slow down a bit when you pre-classify so you wont fill the trap with the denser material. Mojo is right you won't know if you lost it if your not sure if you've found it. Once the gold is in the trap there really isn't a way to get it out. Without your help that is.
Thanks! what do you mean slow down a bit when i pre classify? Also, this spot doesnt have alot of gold but i did test pan and found a couple colors. we ran about 15-20 gallons of material and didnt find but 1 color. I have more faith in the bazooka than i do the spot we were working, i just wanted to make sure i wasnt losing anything.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What Goldwasher said is correct. If you are running material that is sandy or has been classified you will not have enough gravel in the fluid bed to keep it fluid and it will compact especially at lower flows. Sink it down a little to get more water volume across the top and do not classify unless you must.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No reason to classify down past what the bazooka does for you. So if your Bazooka is 3/8 then classify to no less than that .

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What state are you in?

Campngolf

Feb 4, 2014
NorCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think biggdave is in the same state as me..... the state of confusion. At least that where I expect to be Saturday when I take my BGT out for her maiden swim. It does seem almost idiot proof which is what I need sometimes.

Us newbs have seen so much about sluicing and classifying that it just doesn't seem right to just shovel into the BGT and it does all the work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread