First run with Bazooka Mini

str8flexed

Dec 28, 2013
Evansville, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO; Garrett Pro Pointer; Bazooka Mini Gold Trap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got to take my Bazooka Mini out yesterday. Spent about 4 hours, maybe a bit longer testing holes in the creek, found some colors and decided to run a few buckets through the mini. At the end of the day, I only pulled about 2 colors out of the sluice, pulled more from regular panning/classifying. The stream I was in, had some fast moving water, and was a pain to get the sluice to stay put in the fast moving water. I think for my next outing, I'm going to try and build a mobile platform to sit the sluice on, that has rods to stick in the ground so it doesn't flow away in the current that I can set to various depths. That way, I can just push the platform, that holds the sluice secure, into the ground at the proper depth and be ready to go. I probably sluiced/panned about 15 5 gallon buckets of material and pulled about 5-6 flour size colors out. I still have a full 5 gallon of non concentrated dirt that I will try and classify down and pan sometime soon. Hoping to get a bit more out of that bucket. Took a buddy of mine with his son with me to show them how to pan, and he ended up with about 7-8 flours out from regular panning. I'll post pictures of the platform for my sluice once I get it built before the next time I go which will be next month.

All in all it was a fun, but tiring day. Got to take the truck out through some creeks, and the boys had a blast doing that I think more than the panning.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread