Question about an order

Dain8404

Jan 31, 2013
Colby, KS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So i ordered a dredge (only paid for half of it, the other half to be paid when its ready to be delivered) the first week of march. When i spoke with the person who makes it and he said he would try to have it done by the 15th of march. The week of the 15th i called to check on the status since i had not heard from him. He said a part was backordered and would have it in 2 weeks. 3 weeks later on the 11th of april, i had not heard from him so i called and before i could say anything he said he was just coming back from picking up the part and that it would be completed in 2 weeks and said he would send pics to show progress of the item. As a result, i agreed. This friday is the 2 week mark. No pictures, phone calls or text? If this would happen to you what would you do? You think it is a scam?

OP
OP
Dain8404

Dain8404

Jan 31, 2013
Colby, KS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And i ask here about the dredge because i am more of a "sluicer" kind of guy and this is the forum i am always in. Most people here i have read what they have to say and truly respect their opinions.

OP
OP
Dain8404

Dain8404

Jan 31, 2013
Colby, KS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what i understand it is the new owner for Dahlke dredges since the owner has passed.
I think i will just ask for a refund of what i have paid and attempt to order another one by the end of the year. I have cancelled 2 trips this season already waiting for this machine. Ill just go and save the money for later in the year when things get worked out a bit better. Is this unfair of me? I feel a bit guilty

Campngolf

Feb 4, 2014
NorCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not sure it's a scam, but I don't think it's unfair for you to ask for a refund. It's one thing to be slow filling an order, but it's something else completely to be slow filling an order and not keep the customer updated. Things do happen in life but drop an email to update the money flow.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New owner of Dahlke????????? Are ya talkn' Wyatt or Bobs son?. Bob was a good man RIP and one heck of a miner John

OP
OP
Dain8404

Dain8404

Jan 31, 2013
Colby, KS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure. I from what I heard at beginning of the year the owner had passed. The family sold the company to a long time friend. He is from Texas, i dont recall his name. Very nice person to deal with on the phone it seems. I just get the feeling he is still getting things set up and running from what he has told me he is keeping the integrity and good craftsmanship to the highest standards that he can, keeping with the Dahlke tradition. No doubt i will order a machine from him, i think will just try to get refunded what I have paid and try again towards the end of the year. I could use that money for trips, and some unexpected bills that recently popped up.

OP
OP
Dain8404

Dain8404

Jan 31, 2013
Colby, KS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update... This new owner had issues getting quality parts and a proper system. He refunded my money with no questions asked. After speaking a bit longer, i got the bigger picture. I feel horrible, but because of his honesty and everything that encompassed this particular situation, i will hands down still purchase a unit from him. At a later date of course, but for sure. I believe him to be an honest man and just got the "run-around" himself.

Thank you for all the comments and suggestions. I feel in about another month ( from how he was talking) he will be able to deliver a solid product in a reasonable time due to having the stock "on hand" at that time.

I will post again on this thread and prob add a new one with a full review of this dredge when i get it. Still very excited about it.

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mot much of that kind of integrity in business these days. Refunds your money no questions. Obvious he is having organizational growing pains. I would definatly give him the business at a later date when he is better situated. He deserves the second chance as he was honest with you. He just should have kept you better informed.

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Glad it worked out for you but such instances of getting the run around have been going on for a very ling time. Captain Meriwether Lewis of the Lewis and Clark expedition ordered a special keel boat to be built in St Lewis. He ordered it over a year before the expedition was to depart. He made several trips via horseback from Wash DC to St Lewis to see that the boat was progressing. He constantly got the run around and after many confrontations with the builder the builder finally finished the boat many months past the needed departure date.

The "sorry the parts have not come in" type excuse has been going on for a very long time and gets used too often. Unfortunately when such occurrences are true it makes one wonder if they are being lied to or not.

Glad it worked out and sometimes the excuse is truly factual.

Bejay

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best fab man in Tejas is Micropedes, a Oates,sure hope it was him as Bob would be honored to have his great company,and legacy, carried on by a man of integrity,such as he was RIP-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread