Sampling along hwy 49

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
If you're familiar with the area between Sutter Creek and Jackson along the 3 yr. old bypass. There is bedrock along where they cut the new hwy. I have never pulled off the hwy. to get a sample. Wouldn't want to cause any curiosity or for that matter get a ticket. It looks very inviting promising with all the visible crevises, although wouldn't want CHP's attention. There are also areas going to Ione from near the 49 turnoff that are familiar as well. I play golf in Ione every Wed. afternoon. Could imagine cars in numbers pulled off the hwy. creating a traffic mess where all are getting samples.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I take a work crew up to Ione every Wed. We usually take the road just south of Rancho Murietta to cross over to 104 but may have to take the bypass tomorrow and check it out. Probably should get out and check the tires right around where the bedrock appears..........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread