Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You're in good hands now buddy! Cheers!

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome to hear!! Im looking to move up to a Bazooka prospector as well..asap

May your pans be heavy in the days ahead

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congratulations on one of the best decisions you have ever made in your life. Fine Gold. Run it kinda flat. Hope to see them pics.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like I just paid mine off!

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Another happy Bazooka guy! Photo credit to Hangtowndiggins! IMG_8721.jpg

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm about to pull the trigger on one myself just trying to convince my wife LOL!

OP
OP
Scott in WY

Scott in WY

Jan 4, 2013
Worland
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm about to pull the trigger on one myself just trying to convince my wife LOL!

My motto for life is "It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission" good luck.

I read a bunch here and watched a lot of youtube trying to decide, I think I'm going to like it

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another success story in the works.. Great choice on the prospector, It's a hungry one!
image.jpg

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
BAZOOKA!! Great Choice, you will not regret it!

JB

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Theres a comment above about running it "kinda flat". This is really not necessary. You can run it steep enough for the grizzly to have a slight drop and the trap will still work just great. I know we are used to thinking a modest drop is best but the bazooka is much more adaptable and by running steeper, you can run a lot more unclassified material a lot faster...that means more gold! Give it a try, you'll see!

Last time I was on the phone with the guys from Bazooka, Todd was exclaiming at how well the trap works even when it's at a fair slope but, hey, don't take our word for it, try it both ways and see for yourself...BAZOOKA!

PS in HangtownDiggin's pic above, you can see lots of fast water moving over the deck of the Bazooka, this is another really good way to run it! Use that fast water to clear the larger rocks and trust that the gold will still fall into the trap :-)

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gorgeous! Now make 're a dirty girl ;-)

Americandodo

May 26, 2014
Eastern Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am also a newer Bazooka (36" Prospector) owner, and I have a few questions. I also hope I am not hijacking this thread, but felt since this thread is established, and basically the same topic...I would just ask here.

So I have used my Prospector a total of 4 times approximately. It ran good, and I fed it lots of material right from a shovel! That being said, I do have a question about the actual gold trap on this. It seems that the box is not "fluid" and while it is not ridiculously packed with material, it doesn't do what a homemade fluid bed I have does (which literally makes the material a liquid medium). I run a decent amount of volume of water over the top, and imagine the bottom channel on the Bazooka. The flow over the top is fast enough to wash away rocks that are about 1-2" in size over the grizzlies without me having to brush them off. The angle of the Bazooka is about that of a standard sluice with approx an inch drop per foot or sometimes a bit greater.

I saw replies from KevinInColorado where he talks about being able to have a quite steep angle on the bazooka. Would this help fluidize the trap more, or is the trap working, but it just doesn't seem as fluid as I think it should? I do see a lot heavier concentration of gold in my pan from the Bazooka concentrate VS. just sampling surrounding material with a shovel...So it must be working. I just want to make sure I am not losing more gold than I need to due to user error.

I did push a stick into the fluid bed when running the Bazooka, and it did go to the bottom, but it still didn't seem super fluid to me (Had some resistance). I made a homemade "Quicksand concentrator" that really makes the material fluid...Perhaps I shouldn't compare the two, and the Bazooka is doing just fine???

Anyway, if anyone has any pointers, I would be very grateful! Or perhaps I am doing it just right, and I need not worry anymore? I will try to increase the angle of the Bazooka, and see if that helps, but I usually set it up on a river with a slow drop, so I would have to make a large dam I think to get the angle?

Thanks again, and sorry if I hijacked this thread.

Happy Fathers day as well!

Dennis

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you are questioning your setup, catch some tailings and pan them out. In really flat, slow water it is possible to have the bed freeze up. Doesn't sound like that's happening though, sounds ok. Wish I could see in person :) Most likely the answer is:

image-1435622148.jpg

Americandodo

May 26, 2014
Eastern Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you are questioning your setup, catch some tailings and pan them out. In really flat, slow water it is possible to have the bed freeze up. Doesn't sound like that's happening though, sounds ok. Wish I could see in person :) Most likely the answer is:

HAHAHAHA, yup, that picture sums it up about perfect! I did test some of the tailings, and did find a very small amount, but nothing to cry home about VS. the volume of material I was running. I suppose all is well with the universe...I just wanted a second opinion. I did take it out today, and ran at a steeper angle...It seemed to work fine, though I was not really on the gold. I guess either you need a mass amount of water at a more flat angle, or a steep angle and can get away with less water flow.

As long as you think I am doing it right, then I will be happy with that!

Thanks for the reply Kevin!

Dennis

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My pleasure...heavy pans!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread