Im Building bazooka sluice , ideas ,or just be honest and tell me ist not good :)

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
K-WRAP!!! Just spent the last half hour only to time out and lose my reply. Yes I've studied these too as well as Trev's design that the gold cube is sort of designed after. Adjustable gates and heights are key (and the chamber walls would best be kept perpendicular too) but may require field adjustments to get it running right. Cleanouts present another issue as I think one would need a removable panel(s) to to this. I still think a horizontal closed system, as your design now shows, may create the problems I previously described. I hope you can prove me wrong.

Should know soon :icon_thumleft:
Going to buy a waterproof video camera so I can view the action during field testing this weekend for final tweaking of the design.

*My crude diagram below is a rough sketch only, designed to show the gist of the idea and not the actual blueprint of every detail.
gatetrap.jpg

Last edited:

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Should know soon :icon_thumleft:
Going to buy a waterproof video camera so I can view the action during field testing this weekend for final tweaking of the design.

*My crude diagram below is a rough sketch only, designed to show the gist of the idea and not the actual blueprint of every detail.
View attachment 1034239

GG in the video that you posted, its hard to tell, is there any water going over the top of that or is it all being forced down into the trap?

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GG in the video that you posted, its hard to tell, is there any water going over the top of that or is it all being forced down into the trap?

No water goes over the top.

OP
OP
djpitr

djpitr

Oct 18, 2012
S.C.
Detector(s) used
Gold bug 2 , XP Deus , ctx3030
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So i replace the 1/8 hole with new 1/4 hole plate , and i will test it sunday

Attachments

• image-1003627729.png
    image-1003627729.png
    461.6 KB · Views: 166

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think the quarter inch will do better than the eighth inch you still might need to let some larger stones in there to keep the fluid bed fluid however. Ive read quite a few times that if you classify to 1/4 with a bazooka, you will loose gold as the trap can go solid. It actually uses the 1/2" stuff as part of the process. Good luck and killer build!!

OP
OP
djpitr

djpitr

Oct 18, 2012
S.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes nice one , i m thinking how to make next design and i could make it classified 2 or 3 different sizes and each size could have separate trap .
I need to figure out how to clean up each trap separately .
It could look like this with 3 screens on top of each other .

Attachments

• image-2699414323.png
    image-2699414323.png
    386.6 KB · Views: 193

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the nearly finished gatetrap prototype......................still have to attach aluminum sides onto the short plexiglass on each side of the slickplate, also have a flair to add to the front end.

3/8" punchplate for the grizzly, downhill ramp at the end of the slickplate to feed the traps so the grizzly doesn't have to go uphill. (it does go uphill 1/4" due to thickness of plexiglass trap cover) 1/2" X 10" trap entry and exit port, also 1/2" gate clearance to bottom of trap. Trap gates are 1-1/2" height X 10" width. Trap chambers are 2" X 2" X 10"

Can easily convert to bazooka style by adding fluid tubes through the upright baffles in the trap, removing the gates and installing a bottom to create a scoop. (just in case it doesn't work as planned) :tongue3:

gt1.jpg gt2.jpg

Revised diagram, as before red arrow points to grizzly.
gatetrap.jpg
Conversion if gatetrap turns out to be a fail.
gatetrap.jpg
GG~

Last edited:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice looking build GG!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looking forward to hearing how this works when wet!

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That is beautiful craftsmanship. Keep it up!

OP
OP
djpitr

djpitr

Oct 18, 2012
S.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cool looking trap sluice :) GG
I tought that u will have top gates adjustable ?
Its gonna clog this way ,you may not need the fluid tubes bud you would have to have the gates adjustable to set it for different water conditions .
And i think raise slick plate at least 1 inch is a must, because if you set the sluice in creek in angle the slick plate will actually straight so no material back ups , and water its forced in traps to clean the light material .
If its not raised like you have it , heavy stuff will settle in the traps and clog them .....
Bud mayby im wrong :) , i like to see it in creek with lot of black sand ,

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the comments guy's...............
Hopefully this weekend I'll have video of it in action. Right now working on another project using composite deck flooring to craft a drop riffle sluice with assorted size/shape well traps.

Djpitr, The creek I usually work in has lots of black sand.
I'm hoping the fixed position gates will work as is.
Traps are clearing well in the shop testing, but field testing is the best test. (fingers crossed)

GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
djpitr

djpitr

Oct 18, 2012
S.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Slow motion video of sand in the trap .

gobush

Jan 11, 2011
Gday Goodyguy The creek that i used to go to has lots of black sand as well and good gold but have not been there for years the black sand was a pain in the bum so just wondering how the gate trap prototype worked out? Just started making a fluid bed gold sluice like yours hope it turns out as good as yours you are a very clever man.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread