First run... Bazooka Gold Trap 48" Miner

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the creek today with good buddy Aufisher, brought my new 48" bgt Miner out for the first time and had a blast! As big as the 48" Miner is we had it set up with ease and running great in about the same time it takes with our prospector series and good flow was not a prob. We dug a nice hole to bedrock, scraped cracks and ran a good amount of material faster then ever with the Miner... left it in the water for the day doing one clean out at quitting time. It ran flawlessly and was eating full 5 gallon buckets of material in less than 30 seconds! Super pleased and impressed after day one out with the Miner:thumbsup: Next time will bring the wheelbarrow and cut a path through cobble..
Big thanks AU for bringing home the take to clean up and thanks again for helping me drag the beast to shore for clean out, couldn't have done it without you and can't wait to get back out soon for more gold n good times buddy, awesome day:occasion14:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well did you guys get any gold??????

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome day guys! I cant wait til I can join the crew...

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well that thing a beast !! I am thinking about getting the 48 inch prospector. Do you have any other bazooka and what do you think of them if you got any others , like do you think any others could be fed like the big miner

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 48 will eat a 5 gallon in no time flat. Not as fast as the miner but you can still do it, maybe half a bucket at a time.
I put a pickup truck beds worth of dirt through mine yesterday. Havent touched my gallon of cons yet though.
Clear creek was up, but I don't really care anymore with the Bazooka, its not scared of fast water, and the higher water made it easier to dig in the hard pan.

That miner is a sexy mo fo though. It should come with wheels though heheh <3

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome day Hangtowndiggins! Guys that miner is HUGE! Makes my 48" Prospector look like a toy! If you like to party with ten friends dumping buckets simultaneously or have a front loader your gonna love this beast. Will post the cleaned up gold shot soon! Thanks again my friend!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
From the pic it looks like it takes up about half the creek..... wheelbarrow loads should make for impressive results. Waiting for the money shot.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
More nice lode ending up in the creek. Gotta love that Black gold! Don't throw these away folks! Might need to switch to a green pan! HTD looks like your big miner catches small gold too! Thanks again! 20140518_100908.jpg

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
Hangtowndiggins

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right on AU, looking good! Thanks and nice work with clean up, diggin that black gold and definitely confidant in fine gold recovery with the Miner after seeing the pan shot, pretty darn impressive considering the volume of water and flow speed we had pumping through it. The 48" miner is quite large but still practical for a couple guys looking to make quick work of a mountain of material. Hard to describe how hungry it was running but we were dumping full buckets on the plate and as soon as we could set the empty bucket down it was ready for another... Bazookafest with Miner and split the take anyone!!?? A spot for all to come and dig is in the works...

Last edited:

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm in. I wish there was a button for "like all" as this is an awesome thread. Cheers.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The large triangle chunk with rolled edges is very cool. Also there's one about 10 o'clock that looks like a Russian sickle with an aeroflot workhorse attached. Nice work gents....

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions