Private property sample... Awesome opportunity

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hangtown, what fork of the Cosumnes?. I live on the middle fork about a mile below Mt. Aukumn rd. It looks somewhat familiar.

When then is the creekside BBQ at your house?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the fork next to the soup spoon I think..

OP
OP
Hangtowndiggins

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Kevin, yep exited with sample results! Been working a nice spot on the creek for some time now and a half gram or so take by sluicing 7 hours is considered a decent day. So .21 of a gram for a quick small sample at a cool new place is fine by me:) Great sign for good gold to be had, hope to be saying what the buzzard said soon.. Need to pay off the miner with the miner and looking forward to getting my GB pro detector out more with hopes for its first gold. Plans to spend Saturday and Monday there so will see how it goes..
Armchair... On the north fork. How's the color on middle fork ? Awesome area you live in. Spent almost a couple years in somerset on the bucks bar side of sand ridge, even found a little backyard gold there.. Live a bit closer to diamond springs now and love it..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hangtowndiggins

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would sure be cool if you could:occasion14: But gotta say.. livin on the gold ain't easy if you can only get out about one day a week like me.. Definitely makes for some ridiculous fever levels lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hangtowndiggins

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made it back out to the property yesterday and good bud Aufisher came with. AU hurt his foot crossing the river first thing. Was cooking in the sun and only the second sample so we dug easy. Sampled more slate and wet classified about six or so buckets to half inch. Bazooka did great with the classified state, had a good amount of fines sticking to the plate but didnt see much other color heading for the trap. Did one clean out at the end of the trip and had a nice surprise with better gold than expected! Two thick little pickers, a good amount of nice smaller pieces and some super fine flour! Happy with the take for it being the second sample. Great to now know and safe to say some good gold at this new spot to be had:)
Awesome day AU! Happy you got to check the place out and get some diggin in too! Sorry about your foot buddy, hope you get well soon as we have a lot to do:occasion14:
Plans to go back and high bank with Goldwasher tomorrow:headbang: Will see how it goes..
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hangtowndiggins

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take from yesterday with Aufisher (second sample) not sure on weight yet, guessing 3/4 of a gram or so..
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That was super awesome Hangtowndiggins! Probably would of had a couple more pickers if I could walk buddy! I know we left some nice pieces, time for vacuum power! Got a bit of peg leg this morning but hobbling around with a golden smile! Thanks again!!!!

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice mix of pieces! Those fines are insane! attachment-6.jpeg

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the new pickers Hangtowndiggins!!! 20140531_150620-1.jpg

OP
OP
Hangtowndiggins

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your more than welcome AU! Thanks a mil for the awesome company, helping me sample and sticking it out for the day with a gimpy foot! Might have doubled the take with crack vac, need one asap... Hope you get well soon buddy!! Take was .70 of a gram!.. I have your half with best picker from the trip waiting for you:occasion14: thanks again AU!!

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you cant walk to the gold, then crawl.........

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was begging Hangtowndiggins to shoot me lol! Glad he didn't though. Ready to limp back already! Good luck tomorrow gentlemen!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread