Bazooka -:- flow of water

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sure, each model is different. You can read up on them in the threads for each model in the. Bazooka area ( they are tnet sponsoring vendors).

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have the super mini and am moving up to a prospector as I am always overloading the SM and I am tired of the things it keeps screaming about my mother. It is versatile but I would get more production from a prospector in certain situations.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have the super mini and am moving up to a prospector as I am always overloading the SM and I am tired of the things it keeps screaming about my mother. It is versatile but I would get more production from a prospector in certain situations.
you will get a LOT more production from a Prospector. The supermini is great for backpacking, sampling and super low water flow though. The Sniper is an I between size that has quickly gained it's fans. I regularly carry the Sniper AND the Prospector in my car but will always use the prospector if I can...which is most always.

OP
OP
TheGoldProspector

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
you will get a LOT more production from a Prospector. The supermini is great for backpacking, sampling and super low water flow though. The Sniper is an I between size that has quickly gained it's fans. I regularly carry the Sniper AND the Prospector in my car but will always use the prospector if I can...which is most always.
Looking at 36" sniper

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh, c'mon! go big or go home, get that 48, you know you want it <3

OP
OP
TheGoldProspector

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
oh, c'mon! go big or go home, get that 48, you know you want it <3

The only thing im worried about is water flow...if it isnt quick enough..will the 48" hold its own..?
Or will it not run at pure performance?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The only thing im worried about is water flow...if it isnt quick enough..will the 48" hold its own..? Or will it not run at pure performance?
it will fail to satisfy you without enough water but that is why I'm so happy to have both a sniper and a prospector!

OP
OP
TheGoldProspector

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
it will fail to satisfy you without enough water but that is why I'm so happy to have both a sniper and a prospector!
As for many people, i live check to check after working my arse off...

Therefore, I need to choose wisely

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As for many people, i live check to check after working my arse off... Therefore, I need to choose wisely
I certainly respect that. Maybe choose a longer sniper or shorter prospector then to get a middle answer.

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I ran my new 36" prospector for the first time yesterday...I really like it, but it certainly takes way more flow than the 30" sniper. I did have enough water flow to run the prospector, and to clear the grizz with little extra help, but it really is a much bigger box! I would have to say the 30" prospector or 36" sniper are your best bets...if you are worried about low summer water flow, stick with the sniper!

Here is a short vid of the prospector in action yesterday...Kevin, does that look like enough water flow to you?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
36" prospector all the way...425 jesse a few more rocks at the head of your sluice and the grizz would clear its self....don't worry about too much flow:thumbsup:

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
36" prospector all the way...425 jesse a few more rocks at the head of your sluice and the grizz would clear its self....don't worry about too much flow:thumbsup:

More rocks to direct even more flow down the trap? Got it!!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I ran my new 36" prospector for the first time yesterday...I really like it, but it certainly takes way more flow than the 30" sniper. I did have enough water flow to run the prospector, and to clear the grizz with little extra help, but it really is a much bigger box! I would have to say the 30" prospector or 36" sniper are your best bets...if you are worried about low summer water flow, stick with the sniper! Here is a short vid of the prospector in action yesterday...Kevin, does that look like enough water flow to you? Video Link: http://youtu.be/CideMcmE1CI

Yes, that looks great! More than I've had to live with at times in fact :-)

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good looking sluice, set up and flow 425jesse:icon_thumleft: I would make a rock wedge if possible so your box and gold has no chance of taking off downstream..
TPG.. Good thoughts on making the change. From experience the zooka prospectors don't demand much more volume, flow or speed then the A52 (my first sluice). Plugged my 36" prospector into a near still pond, flow and speed didn't start until water hit the plate and worked great all day this way..
image.jpg
If low flow is an issue the 36" sniper might be the best bet... Can easily run the the same amount of material in a day not classifying with my super mini as I was when classifying with the A52..

Last edited:

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
TPG.. Good thoughts on making the change. From experience the zooka prospectors don't demand much more volume, flow or speed then the A52 (my first sluice). Plugged my 36" prospector into a near still pond, flow and speed didn't start until water hit the plate and worked great all day this way..
makes me wonder if you can just use the pool noodle attatchment on these things and tow them slowly behind a boat while throwing in your dirt LOL

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
makes me wonder if you can just use the pool noodle attatchment on these things and tow them slowly behind a boat while throwing in your dirt LOL
sure that would work if your aim is good! LOL!

Now I'm imagining a still pond with an RC boat pulling a Mini around in a circle. Every time it goes by the miner, another shovel of dirt goes in!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The new Bazooka highbanker kit should end the low flow worries forever :icon_thumright:

NO mats, NO riffles, NO worries..........Just Gold!

GG~

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
7 seconds:dontknow: That's not nearly enough flow. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread