OP
OP
b.jmining530

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Golden mojo the set up "skills" are coming along I think, it's getting easier because I have been using the bazooka more. Also good flowing water and bigger rocks and little waterfall things are mailing setting up a lot easier. I got the gold out past Bangor ca only drove 50 miles round trip into to boonies. But I still would like to meet up sometime and see how it's done by a more experienced bazooka user !!

Catchmydrift

May 2, 2014
Paradise,CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks very nice. I still have yet to find anything more than a flake. Congratulations!

OP
OP
b.jmining530

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I would not have been able to find any chunky gold with out my new prospecting friends from oroville !!! They have been a life saver in teaching me where to look for pickers and chunkier gold. I am wanting to get another bigger bazooka, I am thinking of one of the prospectors but I am not sure which one to get. Is there a really big difference between the sizes, does anybody have some suggestions?

Catchmydrift

May 2, 2014
Paradise,CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny you should mention that. I was just looking at picking up one of the smaller prospectors like the 30-36in. Let me know if you decide to pick up one of the bigger units. Depending on the price I would be interested in your old one. That is if you want to part with it. :)

On another note, were the facebook folks you met on the group locals?

OP
OP
b.jmining530

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would love to get another bazooka so my 30 inch sniper would have a friend lol!!! And the people met on Facebook live like 15 minutes from my house.

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would love to get another bazooka so my 30 inch sniper would have a friend lol!!! And the people met on Facebook live like 15 minutes from my house.
My 30 prospector holds well.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My 30 prospector holds well.
Same here, I have the 30 inch and love it ...although a friend here in S. Denver recently got the 36" and I'm impressed: more skid plate and a wider scoop so it handles slow water better. Would go with that if I ever lost my 30" I think.

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Same here, I have the 30 inch and love it ...although a friend here in S. Denver recently got the 36" and I'm impressed: more skid plate and a wider scoop so it handles slow water better. Would go with that if I ever lost my 30" I think.

Yeh, the 30" does require a little more flow....

OP
OP
b.jmining530

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No I wouldn't. But I would be able to run dirt like crazy!!!! My problem with my sniper is I can fill a bucket so fast but it takes me a while to run it through the sniper, but I could run it a lot fast through a bigger prospector !!! And when I am out prospecting I am working like a mad man and can work as much a couple of regular guys just having fun.

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No I wouldn't. But I would be able to run dirt like crazy!!!! My problem with my sniper is I can fill a bucket so fast but it takes me a while to run it through the sniper, but I could run it a lot fast through a bigger prospector !!! And when I am out prospecting I am working like a mad man and can work as much a couple of regular guys just having fun.

I know that feeling..last week a buddy and myself ran quite a few 5Gal buckets .. We looked at the clock, and it wasnt even 11:00 yet. Needless to say, we were burnt, tired and ready for more

OP
OP
b.jmining530

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just want to run more dirt faster!!!! And have a sluice that can keep up with me !! My sniper is good but I want more production !

OP
OP
b.jmining530

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I cannot wait to get back out to the gold!!! I jus wish I had some money to get out to the new place where I get gold at!!

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I cannot wait to get back out to the gold!!! I jus wish I had some money to get out to the new place where I get gold at!!

I understand completely. Have you looked into grabbing some acreage near you from the blm for a personal claim? :). Thats what im doing this month ahead of me

OP
OP
b.jmining530

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I haven't really looked into getting a claim, my family has some acreage that has gold on it but this new place is really good! The new place I went to I got more gold in 1 day then all my other trips combined!

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I haven't really looked into getting a claim, my family has some acreage that has gold on it but this new place is really good! The new place I went to I got more gold in 1 day then all my other trips combined!

I love those kinds of outings :)!!! Its great that there is much gold-everywhere in this wonderous State we reside in

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread