Barry&Jason 530 journal

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am starting a mining adventure journal like Kevinincolorado thread of all this trips and wisdom. I hate to write and I figured this would be a good way to keep a journal of all my trips with pics and other peoples input and ideas on how to be a better prospector/miner. I am fairly new to this game, less then 5 months. I live in the wonderful state of California that likes to ban all extremely affective ways of gold recovery. I live in oroville California in the 530 area code, I mostly prospect locally within the 530.

This is a pic of all my gold I have gotten by myself about 4 little trips with out my mining buddy Jason

image-4190648512.jpg

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the name drop! Looking forward to all the stories and successes I expect to see here :-D

OP
OP
b.jmining530

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I went out today do a little bit with some friends while they fish I sluiced I found a dirty penny and some gold. I only ran about 2 buckets of material and had to build a stupid dam to divert the water to get good flow with my bazooka 30 sniper.

image-1932147721.jpg

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
BJ530 Can you post a pic of a stream shot with your sluice? Also you might want to hit up the TN day on the river 2 post for the upcoming bazooka fest.

OP
OP
b.jmining530

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I could next time I go out. I never think about taking a pic of my sluice. I am so down for bazooka fest as long as I am not busy

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's good to take pics of your area so that you can review them when the high water hits as it will this winter. You can correlate the two to figure out where the gold is dropping. Also without divulging your secret spot everyone likes to see what other areas look like. You can also get people to chime in with knowledge that took years to develop which will shorten your learning curve if they get a creek shot.

The TN day will be soon. Stay in touch.

OP
OP
b.jmining530

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's a good idea I haven't thought about it like that before, so a picture of the area for future reference if productivity and things like that?

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Productivity, Panshots, Bigfoot, the list is endless.......

Attachments

• IMG_2423.JPG
    IMG_2423.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0526.JPG
    IMG_0526.JPG
    890.7 KB · Views: 197
OP
OP
b.jmining530

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah good point, I will be looking for Bigfoot in my pics lol !!! You have any idea when the TN day will be ? I usually remember how good or bad a spot it. But if I was so busy trying to build dams for my bazooka I would definitely be able to get more gold! I am working on making a cheap stand for my bazooka so that I can be more productive in my adventures. I want to get a big prospector to go gangbusters on some spots.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
b.jmining530

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So I went out today with some friends to swim and find gold on the feather river near oroville ca. I am starting to have a "love hate" relationship with my bazooka sniper. I am almost instantly filling my gold trap with black sands from river material and barely can run a 5 gallon bucket before it fills up. So I decided to just pan today. I think once I make a quick and easy set up stand I won't be having so many issues with my bazooka. My biggest problem is getting it setup properly, and unloading the trap constantly, today I was able to set up fairly quickly about 5 minutes but once I moved my bazooka all the rocks moved and became a pain to move back to hold the bazooka in place. But I got a little gold today so the trip wasn't a complete waste! It was fun just sitting in the river relaxing panning

image-3934150160.jpg

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I tend to look back more often at those times just panning, pondering the torrent of water that lay ahead of you

Good job!

OP
OP
b.jmining530

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Like having a lot of black sand is a good thing sorta because there are a lot of "heavies" but at the same time it's a pain because my bazooka fills so quickly. I want to run my bazooka in a placer were I can run it for a "long time" before having to clean out. But panning makes you appreciate using powered gold recovery systems.

bazookagoldtrap

Aug 27, 2013
Coloma, California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So I went out today with some friends to swim and find gold on the feather river near oroville ca. I am starting to have a "love hate" relationship with my bazooka sniper. I am almost instantly filling my gold trap with black sands from river material and barely can run a 5 gallon bucket before it fills up. So I decided to just pan today. I think once I make a quick and easy set up stand I won't be having so many issues with my bazooka. My biggest problem is getting it setup properly, and unloading the trap constantly, today I was able to set up fairly quickly about 5 minutes but once I moved my bazooka all the rocks moved and became a pain to move back to hold the bazooka in place. But I got a little gold today so the trip wasn't a complete waste! It was fun just sitting in the river relaxing panning

Specific Gravity (water = 1.0)

Gold 15.6-19.4
Platinum 14-19.0
Silver 10-11.0
Galena 7.4
Pyrite 5.0
Magnetite (black sand) 5.1
Rutile (black sand) 4.1
Ilmenite (black sand) 4.5
Mica 2.7
Quartz 2.6

With sufficient water flow the trap will still fluidize when full of black sand.. Based on relative particle size and trap pressure, the heavier elements will displace the black sand.

OP
OP
b.jmining530

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks, I am just worried I am not sluicing right and catching the gold. Also some people say when the trap area feels solids it's full, what do you think? I just need to go out with a somebody that has used a bazooka more then me to help me with setup and when to clean out. But I will hopefully get it figured out sooner then later, I am learning but it's frustrating some times

Catchmydrift

May 2, 2014
Paradise,CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey. My buddy and I live in Paradise/Magalia and pan around here 2-3 times a week. We're always looking for new spots and have never met any other prospectors. Any interest in a meet up one of these days?

-Benny

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey. My buddy and I live in Paradise/Magalia and pan around here 2-3 times a week. We're always looking for new spots and have never met any other prospectors. Any interest in a meet up one of these days? -Benny
Paradise is a Glorious little town. Love the Candleshop

OP
OP
b.jmining530

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey. My buddy and I live in Paradise/Magalia and pan around here 2-3 times a week. We're always looking for new spots and have never met any other prospectors. Any interest in a meet up one of these days? -Benny
I have never tried to find gold up in that area before, it would be cool to meet up with some people from here. Maybe we could meet up sometime and get some gold. Do you guys have a sluice ? How much gold do you guys get a trip and how long does it take?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks, I am just worried I am not sluicing right and catching the gold. Also some people say when the trap area feels solids it's full, what do you think? I just need to go out with a somebody that has used a bazooka more then me to help me with setup and when to clean out. But I will hopefully get it figured out sooner then later, I am learning but it's frustrating some times
Try running it with a bit more drop. The Bazooka does great at kicking out black sand while keeping fine gold. Honestly I think you just need a little more pressure in the tubes (via more drop). What you are describing is only something I've experienced in flat, slow situations.

OP
OP
b.jmining530

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Kevin, I think that also might be one of my problems. I have a hard time judging if it's too steep, and when I try to have it running steeper I have issues sleeping my bazooka in place. I honestly think once I make my stand for it I will be having less problems because I will be able to play more with the angles and things like that. As always Kevin thanks for the advise

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread