Hanging Out With Hangtowndiggins

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome gold weekend! Got to dig Sunday with Hangtowndiggins and Mojo. Hot day but word of fresh nuggets inspired! Mojo and I did Ok but Hangtowndiggins stole the show! Great day 20140609_100543.jpg let's do it again!

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thought garnets but sure are ruby red!

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bazooka trap concentrate IMG_4176248431573.jpeg

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I dont want to give out the wrong information here so please someone correct me if i am wrong.

Rubies are essentially red sapphires. they are identical in all aspects except for color. i know that real sapphires have tiny (not seen with the naked eye) inclusions of black in them. They look like black dots because the stone is not 100% pure. Unlike lab generated sapphire which are perfect, the small black pieces indicate a REAL sapphire. I can only assume since sapphires and rubies are identical that rubies also have these small black pieces. Check one our under a microscope, could maybe tell you whether its a garnet or not? im not sure what garnets look like under 100x lens...

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome gold weekend! Got to dig Sunday with Hangtowndiggins and Mojo. Hot day but word of fresh nuggets inspired! Mojo and I did Ok but Hangtowndiggins stole the show! Great day View attachment 1006694 let's do it again!

Au fantastic day with you and Hangtown. Thanks to both of your for spending Sunday with me diggin and jokin. If we would have run just one more bucket.......

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pretty sure we missed the big one by 6 inches lol

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is your share Mojo! Gold + Black Gold + 2 small copper wires!

Attachments

• 20140609_155013.jpg
    20140609_155013.jpg
    505.4 KB · Views: 140

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sweet. Black Gold and Copper too. We did better than I thought. I swing by and bring you a cold one.

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A couple rubies garnets whatever too lol and a nice quartz/gold specimen too! Maybe a half share in platinum too welcome to the mother lode!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garnets that creek has a bunch of them. chance to find diamonds as well the Garnet is heavy and stays with the black sand......those copper wire fragments down there......first time at that spot I got several grams of it....encouraging that the sluices hold it so well. Good job guys sorry I couldn't make it this time you B@$turds :notworthy:

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Appreciating you calling em like you see em. Hope to be there when you are.

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks AU and Mojo, had an excellent day digging with you gentlemen! Was great to share my exiting best day so far with you fellas. Nice job making quick work of that big hole to china and good lookin take you guys had! Big one maybe in next shovel or spoon full... Always looking forward to the next time!..

GW, my fault for droppin the ball on the original plans, sorry about that man.. Will do my best to set up something good with you asap...

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its all good Hangtown I was just ribbing you guys...I was getting sick last Monday we were out and it stuck with me all week. The wife ended up going in for some overtime which she normally has to turn down on weekends and then we got to hang out the rest of the afternoon..which is something I don't get to do on weekends normally either and resting some which I really needed. I'll get out there with you guys again as soon as I can.

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I know your just messin GW.. But still my bad for sure:BangHead: Yeah you didn't sound too hot when digging with ya last Monday, that's a bummer it stuck with you for the week. Glad to hear you had some down time for yourself with the fam over the weekend as that's worth more than any amount of gold. Keep on truckin bro, many days of heavy yellow in your way...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sweet. Black Gold and Copper too. We did better than I thought. I swing by and bring you a cold one.
Good seeing you Mojo! Thanks again for the suds! Always a pleasure mining with you my friend! Enjoy your new lode goodies! Thanks for putting on the dig party and for putting us on the gold Hangtowndiggins!!!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nothing but good times.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread