OP
OP
Sideways Sherry

Sideways Sherry

May 7, 2014
Currently in Arden, NC. Previously in SoCal, NoCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi HDR - I live like 5 min from there and I know that the public can hike all over that area but I've been told that Trabuco Creek is all claimed up and you can't prospect on other peoples claims without permission. Also have been told that you have to dig down like 10 feet to get to bedrock. I am somewhat new to this area therefore I ask, is Trabuco Canyon the same thing as Trabuco Creek?

GMojo - I know right!! LOL!!! I've only been gold panning twice EVER and both times were in the exact same paper in the river at the EF. I brought my cons home each time and both add up to about 1 gallon but I've panned them over about 100 times each time expecting something to appear, sometimes it does, most times it doesn't. LOL!!! Sure wish I knew someone with a miller table or blue bowl etc.

Hi everyone, I still need that ride up to the EF! The Bazooka was delivered today, it has been washed in Dawn and coated with Jet Dry!!! Hit me back!

OP
OP
Sideways Sherry

Sideways Sherry

May 7, 2014
Currently in Arden, NC. Previously in SoCal, NoCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OK, plans have changed!!! The hubby said he's getting paid tomorrow instead of Monday. Whoot! Whoot! So he said I can go up on Saturday. So, now I'm asking if anyone from the OC would like to go up with me and get their panning fix on and split the gas (your cost $15 or more depending on where you live)? I can take either of 3 routes;
5, 605 to 210 or
5, 57 to 210 or
241, 91, 71, 57 to 210.
Leaving early and coming back late. Pack breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and drinks. Bring a shovel and the rest of your gear. Oh and a towel and a change of clothes and flip flops, my car has black interior so be prepared for me to brush off all the dirt/sand from you and all of the equipment at the end of the day (yes, really)!

H-2 CHARLIE

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2012
on the rocks - so cal county line
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro / Minelab GM 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had planed on going there but i might go sunday because we are having fathers day sat. at moms .
I might just try lytle creek again because last week went sour and i learned the routes up there good luck with calming down your fever .

midnightmoon

Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Glad to see you got your plans nailed down.

Like G'mojo said -- bring home a couple of buckets for emergency use!

(I'm at work -- I've got to quit looking at these boards -- I can't go). Sigh.

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Tnet is a habit for me now. i look at it all day at work, on my phone on the way home from work (hour drive) and at home when the kids go to sleep.

highdesertranger

Sep 23, 2008
so kalifornia
Detector(s) used
gmt, falcon md20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
glad you worked out the east fork thing. yes trabuco canyon and creek are the same. there are allot of claims up there. a couple of years ago some shister was trying to sell claims up there at highly inflated prices with promises of riches. in the lower part of the creek where the canyon opens up bedrock is kinda deep but you can find it exposed in a couple places. around the cabins and above them you can find bedrock exposed in quite a few places. it's been awhile since I have been there so I really don't know about the whole area being claimed. highdesertranger

midnightmoon

Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Tnet is a habit for me now. i look at it all day at work, on my phone on the way home from work (hour drive) and at home when the kids go to sleep.

We could form a support group -- which meets up on these boards. But, I suppose that would be like holding an AA meeting in a bar. Sigh.

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well,

How'd it go? Did you all get some EF gold? Next time I hope to join up.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sherry don't give us the brush off, tell us what happened.

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know a few days ago her hubby took a gnarly spill on a mountain bike trail. She may be tending to his needs now that she's back

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeesh, welp, looks like he is relegated to sluice loader. :D

Hope he gets well soon!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Glad to hear your OK. Hope everything works out well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions