Bazooka Gold Trap length

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not sure if this has been discussed before but it occurs to me that the length of the device and the concurrent increased scoop opening size has a relationship with the minimum necessary operating flow speed in that a longer one may still work efficiently in a slightly slower current than what is required by a shorter version of the same model.* Is this the case?

*I think this relates to the venturi effect by increasing the pressure before the restrictions of the tubes and results in a proportionate speed up of water through the tube openings compared to the shorter sluices. https://www.google.com/webhp?source...1US513&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=venturi+effect

Last edited:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I set up a 36" and a 48" last weekend. I didn't notice any difference in the flow requirements. Sometimes it can be harder to find a nicely sloped 4 foot section of creek where the 3 footer will drop in easily.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
20140608_125655.jpg 4 footer foreground 3 footer in background.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions