Anyone experiencing problems with fluid tubes clogging on there BGT?

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
recenty gone back to a spot where I've recently have found gold and dug deeper but noticed hardly any blacksand but full of of good garnet but I wondered when I was running material through my trap felt solid like and had not even gone through a 5 gallon bucket yet so before my next outing I blew through the tubes using a garden hose and seemed everything was fine after then did the same thing and ran again and seemed like it was doing it again also I had classified material down to 1/2" so I think the only thing to do is to go back take a pan and test the area to see if I was blowing out gold but was curious if this happens a lot on the fluid tubes?

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its hard to say what is going on there vaquero, are the tubes packed with anything? Was it really fluid?
A good way to check is to finger it running and idle, you can easily tell the difference when it is fluidized.
Try it in the water then lift it out and try it with no water. Does it feel the same? If so maybe you want to make sure the holes are drilled in the tubes :) Stuff happens hehe.

I bet you weren't blowing gold out.

Classified? OMG Why?!?!?

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well some of the big rocks that get cought up in the shovel are huge just makes it a little easier to run through the sluice now keep in mind I'm only doing brooks and smaller streams I don't get to the big rivers that often so I classify down to a 1/2" works great and was making sure when I classified I was rinsing my material down to get the fine stuck on gold, but as far fluidation I was taking my finger while in the stream running through the trap and just had a solid feel to it that's why I was concerned because I've run before and never felt like that solid before, I guess i'll have to get some fine lead and test or any other suggestions would be great

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Watch your trap exit and you should see it kicking out small particles. You can also stick your fingers in the trap and feel the particles stirring.

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was seeing material flowing out through but I don't really feel the material stirring though

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Which model bgt do you have?

The material in the smaller models is less active but should be loose enough that your finger can move into it fairly easily. Try running the sluice with more angle as that will increase the pressure in the tubes. You can run it fairly steep without that causing gold loss...steep enough for the grizzly to be parallel to the ground(!).

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I worried from day one that the trap wasn't "fluid" enough. Seems to mostly just sit there. I run some of the heaviest material on earth. Loads of black sand and gravel, maybe that's why. But, I am finding gold so I guess its working. It won't be "boiling" or even really fluid. Less worry= more gold...:thumbsup:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I worried from day one that the trap wasn't "fluid" enough. Seems to mostly just sit there. I run some of the heaviest material on earth. Loads of black sand and gravel, maybe that's why. But, I am finding gold so I guess its working. It won't be "boiling" or even really fluid. Less worry= more gold...:thumbsup:
Right...and again, my iconic image:

image-3020207231.jpg

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think eventually going to build a high banker out of it...... going to try a 1500 gph electric bilge pump see what happens but I did get my trammel done today though it wasn't the easiest thing to build in the world but got it done

Attachments

• gold trommel 001 (640x480).jpg
    gold trommel 001 (640x480).jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 83
  • gold trommel 002 (640x480).jpg
    gold trommel 002 (640x480).jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 74
  • gold trommel 003 (640x480).jpg
    gold trommel 003 (640x480).jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 74

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread