Not terrible for a short day

LRC253

Aug 5, 2013
Puyallup, WA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Took a trip with my little boy and used my gold cube for the first time (other than at the beach)... I gotta say it does wonderful but I'm so used to not having to classify with my BGT... My back is killing me. Because of my little guy wanting to do other things, I only classified 3 full buckets down to 1/8th and ran it through the cube and here is the result.

20140729_194338.jpg

I'm thinking I'm going to go back with my BGT and set up 50 feet away and just carry the buckets over. I could have ran at least 10-15 in the time it took for these three; dunno if I would have had the same results though. What do you guys think? I trust my BGT but it always plays mind games with me.

Dain8404

Jan 31, 2013
Colby, KS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel the same way with my BGT. In my opinion, if you can move more dirt, that means more gold. Your losses will more than likely ( but we can all hope it wont) happen, but the "losses" should be surpassed by what is caught running 2 to 3 times the amount of material.

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You can always build a classifier top and run it like a highbanker. I made one out of 1x4"s and some 3/16" punch plate to try it out and it worked great. Just run had to put a few pieces of 1" pvc together for the spray bar, unhooked the pump from the GC connection and used a 1500 gph pump on top for better washing.

Only downside was having to push away the tailing on the screen once in a while.

I've since made 2 dedicated 12"x36" highbankers out of 1/4" abs on an adjustable stand made from pvc pipe using the same matting as the GC($5. a ft. from craigs list) set up at the same angle as the cube and recovery is just as good. Wasn't too hard to build only took one weekend and works great for the huge gold we get at the beaches and rivers on the west side......and no classifying except to rinse the bigger rocks(over 3") instead of slamming them down the waterslide :headbang: Works at the beach as well. You just feed it like you would the cube since the black beach sand takes a bit to clean out some.....and no more shells, feathers or other crap to get stuck on the matting :icon_scratch: and easier to transport and set up on rivers.

I'd like to try a BGT but I'm afraid it would be hard for me to find enough water flow in my area for proper fluidization without carrying buckets all day.

Last edited:

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would figure out how to make the BGT work. No classifying. As for loss just rerun some of your tailings. Again no classifying with those either.

P.S. Nice gold and Happiness being with your son!

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never used the cube myself, but if I have to classify that's a deal breaker for me. To quote Danny Glover:
I'm too old for this _____.
'
LoL Go BGT!

Dain8404

Jan 31, 2013
Colby, KS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy the topper for the cube. Im planning on doing it for my wife. She likes to look for gems so when she is done, i can check to see how much gold she has found me. Lol

OP
OP
LRC253

LRC253

Aug 5, 2013
Puyallup, WA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would like to either buy or build a topper but am in the market for a goldbug2 right now... Maybe next season. I was also checking out some cool trommels feeding the cube () but that maybe a little overkill. We'll see.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OMG THATS ****ING SLOW! AND THE SOUND!

I wonder what the cleanup was like.

OP
OP
LRC253

LRC253

Aug 5, 2013
Puyallup, WA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
haha, to be honest I was watching that from work with my volume on mute. I need to stop playing around, suck it up and just buy a dredge..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread