Hanging up the bgt

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had tested my tailings behind my BGT a couple of months ago but I'm running it much more aggressively now so I went out last week with a second sluice, one with riffles. I setup the BGT and then set up my second sluice directly under the end of the BGT to catch 100% of what was coming off the BGT. Took awhile to get it all running right but afterwards I ran 5 full 5 gallon buckets through the system. At the end of the run I had nearly .5 gram in the BGT and 2 very small specs in the riffle sluice. That is running the BGT with a little incline and lots of water, where the dirt is moving too fast to see any gold sliding down and where 2" rocks go over the grizzlies, except flat rocks that tend to get caught up on the grizzlies and need to be swiped off. I can't see the tubes through the grizzlies because the material in the box is all the way to the lip of the skid plate but I can easily push my finger through the material and feel the tubes through the end of the trap.

Better to lose a little gold and run lots of dirt than to run a little dirt and get all the gold.

Been tellin' u guys forever ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions