Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go big or go home my papie used to say.
I would strongly push you to a prospector model if you want to do production, but thats mostly because I don't have a sniper (yet), and can't speak to how fast you can work it.

For instance, I would have gotten the 48 Inch miner when I got my 48 inch prospector, but I was scared I couldnt dead lift it out of the river by myself heheh.
All that said when I can get a sniper it will be the big one.

PS
Sniper 4.5 inches tall (Probably two inches ish from the bottom of the sluice to the bottom of the top plate)
Prospector 6 inches tall
I imagine the fluid bed divider is in the middle of each measurement (I just measured my prospector its 2.5 inches from the bottom of the sluice to the bottom of the top plate)
C'mon you can't wing dam the water up two or three inches more? ;)

<3 best wishes for lots and lots of Oro!

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heh, if you have to trowel feed, I saw a good ol boy down at the river with a treasure scoop on the end of a shovel. That should save your back for a little while if you can duplicate it ;)

Edit:
I mean no shovel, just the plastic treasure scoop where the shovel blade would be.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heh, if you have to trowel feed, I saw a good ol boy down at the river with a treasure scoop on the end of a shovel. That should save your back for a little while if you can duplicate it ;) Edit: I mean no shovel, just the plastic treasure scoop where the shovel blade would be.
Too funny!

I feed my sniper with a shovel but it only eats about 1/3 as fast as a sniper so I have to sort of wiggle the material off the shovel rather than just toss a shovel full. Net result, I like my prospector more :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions